StripedGiraffe

A simple explination of the ego

8 posts in this topic

The ego is a web of concepts that we believe and identify with. All of the concepts that make it up are false distinctions that we have imagined. Because it is imaginary, the ego must continually deceive you in order to maintain itself. The ego lives through you when you unconsciously identify with it.

I thought this simple explanation might help some people out there. I go into more depth in this video if you are interested. Much love!

Transformation and Healing Course Coming Soon! https://www.youtube.com/c/davidmillervideos

Hi @StripedGiraffe

That video of yours was a great explanation of some of the core concepts about the ego. You definitely deserve some more subscribers with that quality content hehe. I´m already looking forward to the next video on the ego :)

I´m in the process of writing a short guidebook about the ego, and I am looking for some quality resources to draw from. Do you know of any books/papers/people or anything that might help me gain an even greater understanding of the ego? The guidebook will contain everything worth knowing about the ego for a person on the spiritual path, so it doesn’t matter what part of the ego the resources touches upon :) 

Thanks

On 5/16/2020 at 4:58 AM, CaptainBobbyOlsen said:

Hi @StripedGiraffe

That video of yours was a great explanation of some of the core concepts about the ego. You definitely deserve some more subscribers with that quality content hehe. I´m already looking forward to the next video on the ego :)

I´m in the process of writing a short guidebook about the ego, and I am looking for some quality resources to draw from. Do you know of any books/papers/people or anything that might help me gain an even greater understanding of the ego? The guidebook will contain everything worth knowing about the ego for a person on the spiritual path, so it doesn’t matter what part of the ego the resources touches upon :) 

Thanks

Thank you! One of the most helpful resources I've found is The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle. Ever time I listen to that book, I learn something new

Transformation and Healing Course Coming Soon! https://www.youtube.com/c/davidmillervideos

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

It's funny: the less I worry about ego, the less thoughts I have about it, the less thoughts I have, and the less ego I have.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

It's speculative but I share your perspective. It seems to me that the ego is like a singularity of constructs that are merged together over duality. We are able to melt and divide two ideas/feelings or more together. Intelligence is about experiencing and sharing all possible blends to find the perfection that God deserves. It also means that all egos POV are infinite even if they seem restricted and there is no such things as being locked out of your goals (cf "no hope after 30" threads). Although some purposes might be self-contradictory (i.e reaching happiness by causing harm, or imagining yourself as two conflicting things simultaneously).

Edited by gswva