Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Philipp

Almost systematic negativ energy on Marijuana - scared it will be same with shrooms

9 posts in this topic

I have a strange Hate/Love realtionship to weed. Almost everytime I smoke it I can start to experience a surge in negative energy, fear-based thinking, pessimistic thinking, confusion, stress, and terror. But since it kind of fades away, especially if I distract myself I can enjoy the think that comes afterwards. 

I am scared of getting really high, because I can feel terrified so easily. 

I am interested in doing mushrooms (I have some friends experiencing with it, and it would be a good opportunity to make some first experiences) BUT I am very scared I will have this brut negativ energy, stress reaction that will come up. I don't know if my body will react the same way as it does with marijuana. 

Any tips for me, or insights on similarities and distinctions between weed and shrooms?

Shrooms are much more powerful than weed, so just be aware of that. They are similar in some ways different in others. I find shrooms to be more healing and intelligent than weed. I love weed and have had amazing insights from it, Ive also used weed as an integration tool for my psychedelic trips with great success, but truly shrooms are on another level. Shrooms are anti addictive whereas weed is extremely habit forming. Weed muddies the mind after you come down, shrooms leave you with a sense of openness and clarity, at least for me. 

It seems that whatever you’re subconscious is feeling, shrooms can manifest. The last 3 times Ive done shrooms, the fear of death has surfaced and strong negative energy has risen. But it’s always been cleansing and releasing. It’s terrifying in the moment but if I surrender, breakthroughs have occurred. Maybe mamma mushroom will go easy on you, but she also can be fucking brutal. Even if strong negative energy surfaces, it can be transmuted if you open yourself up. If you have mental health problems, you may need a trip sitter or might not be ready for mushrooms. 

It seems to me the fungi has an intrinsic intelligence to it such that when you’re tripping you are in communion with this life force. Weed isnt like this. If you treat the fungus with respect, gratitude, and love, even a dark terrifying trip will give you direction, insight and breakthroughs. Listen to your intuition with shrooms, and take action after your trip. The mushrooms will help if you are open to receiving their wisdom. They will punish you if you’re arrogant and abusing them. They can be kind and loving, but can equally show you the harsh nature of reality. 

If you are afraid, either way the fear must be faced with or without mushrooms and weed. 

Thanks for your answer!

I really don't experience much of that fear, if I don't smoke. And it is really more of body reaction, a stress reaction, which tenses up my body, makes me want to walk around, makes me shiver, if it is strong. The content of the negative energy is sometimes interesting, but to me it seems to be more about the drug, than about some trauma I am surpressing (but I could be wrong here). 

When you experienced those darker trips, what helped you to surrender and let go? (meditating? contemplating? observing?) 

When I smoke weed, my mind can get very confusing and overwhelming. I am wondering if my reaction to shrooms could be similar. Do you experience confusion and a mind running wild on shrooms?

How do you feel before you are smoking weed?

well sometimes the anticitpation of smoking can make me start to feel stressed. But sometimes I can feel very normal before and still experience a surprising negative experience (at the start). 

Shrooms give you the open mindedness of a child.

@Philipp

You can always start really small, and increase incrementally really small. Whatever speed you’re comfortable with. 

That feeling isn’t about what might happen as you might be believing. It’s that feeling can’t go ‘into the future’ like thought appears to. 

Feeling & thought are either aligned now, or not. 

Feeling is guidance. Thoughts are chosen in accordance with, in alignment with, feeling. 

Otherwise, we experience a “sense of separation” that we can’t quite put a finger on, and it blows. 

If you get that down, when you’re tripping balls, you’ll be happy & present. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm What if the feeling starts in anticipation of something, as it is the case with me when I think of consuming Marijuana? Does it go into the future then or would say you already simulate the future experience in your head, so the experience (of the future) comes to the now?

When you say thoughts are chosen in accordance with feeling, do you mean that this is always so, or that this is good for your emotions? 

Tell me please if I understand you right: 

When I am having negativ emotions, it will help me to bring my thoughts to the presents, there where the feelings reside, and it will cause me more stress, when my thoughts try to make sense of my feelings  by  using the future as a source of explanation? 

@Arcangelo Have you tried Marijuana? If so how would you then describe Marijuana? 

38 minutes ago, Philipp said:

@Nahm What if the feeling starts in anticipation of something, as it is the case with me when I think of consuming Marijuana? Does it go into the future then or would say you already simulate the future experience in your head, so the experience (of the future) comes to the now?

There is no future.

Think of a unicorn.

Notice it’s a thought. 

When you say thoughts are chosen in accordance with feeling, do you mean that this is always so, or that this is good for your emotions? 

Only direct experience will do. 

Tell me please if I understand you right: 

When I am having negativ emotions, it will help me to bring my thoughts to the presents, there where the feelings reside, and it will cause me more stress, when my thoughts try to make sense of my feelings  by  using the future as a source of explanation?  

Slow down. Meditate every morning, first thing. There is only now, present. 

Notice - the “reason you have anxiety” - has nothing to do with anything in the present.

Analogously, you’re writing a story about a future which sucks, and acting surprised when it feels like it sucks. 

Don’t avoid feeling, go to it. Swim in it. Live in it. Examine it. Know everything about it. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE