The Don

We're Not Grateful To Our Society Because We Don't See The Big Picture

5 posts in this topic

Hi.

We live in the best society that has ever existed on planet Earth. As I was contemplating the greatest things society has to offer, I became shocked at people's ignorance.

We have everything we want, which includes electricity, infrastructure, medicine, science, math, and so forth.

The million-dollar question is why do we have all those things? This question led me to analysis about how were those things made and about the people who made them.

What should we do to ensure a stable society like this?

Is the family unit important?

Is the value of freedom important?

What is important?

Me on the road less traveled.

The best one yet. There is also the future which makes that argument pretty biased. And ofc we don't just have everything we want.

You are right that humanity got here through freedom, that is clearly one of the building blocks, how are you proposing we keep that?

@The Don In a developed countries, consciousness should be the primacy. All things will naturally follow. Raising the consciousness of our fellow beings raises the consciousness of nations which sustains and revolutionises existence. We have all the solutions within the consciousness we operate, it just requires we access it.

Our present world problems are a direct precipitation of our ceaseless attention outward when it should be directed inward.

Edited by Jacobsrw

@The Don Nice post! A lot of where we are now comes to politics of course, and as you said the people within that political system that pioneered all these amazing things we take for granted today, electricity, clean water etc...I wouldn't say the family unit per se is important as much as it was before, but that's just me. The value of freedom is important of course but is subjective and vague, one persons idea of freedom is another's slavery. To maintain this? I don't we are able to lose any of this to be honest, all of these things, the utilities we use and knowledge and technology aren't going anywhere, and is being advanced every day. Of course, I and none of us on here know that for sure, with today's god-awful governments across the globe that have managed to fuck up so many working systems. Not to mention, there are places in my country (UK) that are so underdeveloped that they don't even have the basic infrastructure you mentioned. They live in these tiny, run down houses and don't have access to working electricity, wifi or anything of the like. These are the forgotten parts of society within the '1st World' countries we live in. I do agree however that we all take everything we use daily as a given, I am quite guilty of that as well.