heisenburger

I have lot of passions, finding it hard to choose one.

9 posts in this topic

So I have been taking the life purpose course.

I have lot of things that I really love to do but I find it hard to choose which to focus on (cant choose which one to make it to my domain of mastery)

I love to perform magic ( sleight of hand ), hypnosis. I love pickup, calisthenics. and also I really love to teach. I've been thinking to somehow mix them together, but it's too many, I can maybe mix two of them together then thats it.

Hey, I have this problem as well.

I choosed the one big thing, that will impact my life the most, and I have 2 side goals that will support my vision and my primary goal. But the ladder 2 are not as much on the focus. The diffculty kicks in if you strieve to stick for it for any significant time AND want to see results. This where I struggle big.

Think about what is lucrative and what you enjoy. Also think about basic things like how to pay the bills down the road.

Peace

On 5/6/2020 at 2:27 PM, supremeyingyang said:

Think about what is lucrative and what you enjoy. Also think about basic things like how to pay the bills down the road.

Yeah exactly what I did. Chose the one that I already have the skillset to produce some money on it. 

Then did the other things on my spare time, or maybe mix them once in a while with my domain of mastery.

Thank you so much brother, much love.

@heisenburger teaching hypnosis to help focus on building personality through calisthenics inorder to pick up girls ;-) 

Which one can you make profitable? Which one is something that will have a long lasting challenge for you? How can you use them to give to the world? 

Edited by Average Investor

On 5/7/2020 at 11:43 PM, Average Investor said:

Which one can you make profitable? Which one is something that will have a long lasting challenge for you? How can you use them to give to the world? 

I'm currently focusing on being a Magician ( like David Blaine). I already have the skill set, probably performed like 1000+ times, doing it for about 4 years now since I was 14 years old. Easiest to get a profit from.

Then my long term vision is to have a Film, that will teach people how to live the Good Life ( how to become a sage )

So basically my life purpose is, I perform to people, teaching them how to live the Good LIfe.

Then that creates a question again, How can I Teach people by Performing? ( seems impossible )

@heisenburger Yeah, those sound like two different industries to be working in. Of course it would be easier to make money faster with one you have more experience in now, but I would look at the long term horizon. It sounds like you enjoy both, so no harm in that. I would contemplate for awhile on how you can combined the two. It might not seem as far off as it sounds. Not to mention that most great new things are a combination of two old things. 

Try this one: start doing both of these. You will become so busy in a process, that naturally, you will have to start to prioritize your activities.

Easy way to find "the one" passion, just follow your feeling, what gives you more joy, and excites you more. By making yourself super busy you will have no choice other than choosing one, thinking will never solve it.

Edited by 28 cm unbuffed