Insightful27

How to deal with immediate physical pain

6 posts in this topic

Recently I was involved in a biking accident that left me with 3rd-degree road rash (there was no skin left). Obviously, it was excruciatingly painful. I have tried to be mindful of the pain and worked toward accepting it. As well as taking time to detract myself with other things. But it continues to be really hard to get my mind off of and to move on. Does anyone have any advice or has been in a similar situation?

@Insightful27 yes medical industry has made tremendous advancement and can help you to deal with the pain and help you heal faster. Combine the medicine with mindfulness and all.

That must be tough man. If you can manage to be mindful throughout the recovery as you are already doing it'll  help you a lot and accelerate your spiritual growth.

I hope you get better soon!

On 5/11/2020 at 4:20 PM, Espaim said:

I hope you get better soon!

Thanks man

On 5/4/2020 at 3:54 AM, Insightful27 said:

Recently I was involved in a biking accident that left me with 3rd-degree road rash (there was no skin left). Obviously, it was excruciatingly painful. I have tried to be mindful of the pain and worked toward accepting it. As well as taking time to detract myself with other things. But it continues to be really hard to get my mind off of and to move on. Does anyone have any advice or has been in a similar situation?

Getting good treatment is important and along with it, you need to treat yourself mentally because the pain you have will keep torture your brain. Therefore you should try diverting your mind so that you couldn't think of the pain you're having.

To divert your mind, you can try gaming as it will keep yourself engaged in it and you might forget your pain for sometime. Also don't forget to use a comfortable gaming chair to keep your body well supported.