qormolq

No Motivation

8 posts in this topic

Let me start by saying I have motivation, but not everywhere in my life. I'm a 15 year old high school student and I have no motivation to do any school work whatsoever. However, I have a shit ton of motivation to paint, play tennis, and most importantly to self-actualize. And I know I have to do the work because if I don't, my parents will ultimately take away my ability to paint/play tennis/meditate. I also don't know what kind of a career I want to pursue and what college I want to go to, let alone if I even want to go to college. I feel like I want to help people, but I don't know how I would. I just feel extremely lost and I want guidance. How did you find the motivation to do things that don't interest you? How do you get your responsibilities done? How did you ultimately find your career/life purpose? I'd appreciate any help I can get. Thanks in advance. 

While you have the chance in school try to take any class you can that you have any interest in. That will help you get some more experiences and help you get a better idea of what you like.

I hated my last years of high school. I was doing college for a whole year and ended up failing some tests that got me removed from the program, so I had to go back to regular high school. I only had 3 classes because I was so ahead in credits. I probably skipped about 3 months of school and all of my grades were about a D-B level. I actually almost did not graduate because one of my classes was 60.xx% with just less than percent less I would have failed lol. I just had to power through it and get it over with. Unfortunately, it is something that we basically have to do in society if you ever need a basic job. I would just try to make the best of it and learn what you can. The school system itself needs a overhaul not you.  

You are so young, you should honestly just be focused on enjoying this time in your life. You shouldn't be stressing too much about having it all figured out (despite the pressures you may feel), chances are no matter how much you plan for the next few years, by the time you are done high school or college your interests will change in ways you couldn't even fathom right now. So much you'll be like wtf?

Academically, if you want to get anywhere it's important you put in the work to get the good grades and not just skim by. It  does suck and it's boring but that is what's valued in that sphere. Just bite the bullet and push through the lack of interest. Do what you have to do to satisfy your parents and teachers for now. No more, no less.

It's most important you try a lot of different things right now so you begin to discover who you really are;

- Go to parties

- Drink with your buddies

- Chase girls

- Get in trouble (not too much :P)

- Play sports you like, and try new ones!

- Join or start clubs

- Volunteer or get a part-time job (having some money is huge for supporting your interests and building good financial habits early)

- Make friends with many different kinds of people and cliques

- Talk to your teachers outside of your class topics about this stuff, most are more wise than you think!

- Explore, explore, explore.

And so on. Do your responsibilities so you have the TIME to pursue your interests and do all the things I just mentioned. Trying out all those things and the experiences you get from them will start to erode that feeling of being "lost". You will start to become the own guide for your life. Remember you will eventually do that job better than anyone else could for you.

Hope that helps! Cheers!

hrhrhtewgfegege

Turn everything into a game.

- Vacuuming? See how fast you can vacuum, explore and optimize the kinaesthetic movement of the activity, plan a strategy, invent new ways to get it done faster more efficiently. PLAY. 

- Studding? connect what your learning to everything else you already know, explore the practical and abstract applications of it, apply what you learned to your life, find the deeper meanings hidden in it, merge the category of knowledge to other category, explore the lines in between. PLAY. 

It is a choice to be miserable about doing the thing you dont want to do. Find a way to make it worth doing. 

Every moment is an opportunity for growth, play and exploration. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

@integral That's an interesting approach. I like it, i'm going to try to start making things a game. Thanks a ton!

On 4/24/2020 at 7:39 PM, qormolq said:

Let me start by saying I have motivation, but not everywhere in my life. I'm a 15 year old high school student and I have no motivation to do any school work whatsoever. However, I have a shit ton of motivation to paint, play tennis, and most importantly to self-actualize. And I know I have to do the work because if I don't, my parents will ultimately take away my ability to paint/play tennis/meditate. I also don't know what kind of a career I want to pursue and what college I want to go to, let alone if I even want to go to college. I feel like I want to help people, but I don't know how I would. I just feel extremely lost and I want guidance. How did you find the motivation to do things that don't interest you? How do you get your responsibilities done? How did you ultimately find your career/life purpose? I'd appreciate any help I can get. Thanks in advance. 

Become professional tennis player or painter. Or teach meditation, become professional at meditation + Take life purpose course by Leo, and you will figure it out, he will answer all of your questions in that course. Good luck. 

+ Don't say you can't become a tennis player. Open mind is key in success. 

Digital Minimalism: A philosophy of technology use in which you focus your online time on a small number of carefully selected and optimized activities that strongly support things you value, and then happily miss out on everything else.” - Cal Newport

Enjoy your life. Dont think about this too much. Look for a vision for yourself and work towards it. Do anything you can to get it. You most likely wont find your "long-time" vision anytime soon but you can start to grow your intuition. And build up your work ethic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1yA9KbPzQ0