Eren Eeager

Insects as an alternative and much efficient source of protein

27 posts in this topic

Why not? Healthy, low cost and delicious

Mmmm Now I crave an insects bar ??

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

I can't ever. Yuck. People have preferences. Some can get weirded out. 

Don't count me in. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

The thought of my food moves in my mouth freak me out

Like when your food bite u in your mouth xD

48 minutes ago, Elham said:

The thought of my food moves in my mouth freak me out

Like when your food bite u in your mouth xD

They won't. They will be grounded as a powder. You won't even know it. 

Some of our foods already contain insect parts, chocolate for example.

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

@Elham FDA approved so you are OK ??

@Preety_India either this or lab grown meat, we must make change

Oh I remembered this clip from a movie called snow piercer where people where fed nutrition bars that they then discovered that are made of grounded cockroaches. I was like WTF but now I am more like , please give me one ???

@Eren Eeager I don't see a problem with the killing of animals for food? 

Even animals kill other animals in the wild? How do you justify a carnivorous animal like a lion eating a deer? 

@Preety_India I don't see either ethically, as long as they are raised in good conditions  which is not the case but still growing population needs much more animals than we can raise which will leads to cutting forests to raise them, also raised animals are responsible for 37 percent of methane in the atmosphere , it is all explained in the video above, just watch it. 

Also one of the most important points is that raising animals generates new viruses like corona but raising insects doesn't because our bodies are far different from insects 

1 hour ago, Eren Eeager said:

either this or lab grown meat, we must make change

Why not eat tofu or lentils? 

@Preety_India
How would you feel if some type of aliens came down to earth and said even humans are eating animals, lets eat them?
How do you justify causing suffering knowingly?

@LaucherJunge  I don't see it as suffering as long as I see it as food for survival 

I believe that Nature has a food chain and we are all a part of this food chain and man /human is the super predator on this food chain. 

By controlling our own population we can solve the food problem and we would not need to kill animals in large numbers. We can have enough food.. 

Animals should not be killed by poaching or in excessive numbers because that will deplete nature 

But raising and killing animals enough for consumption of a very small balanced human population looks fine in my opinion. 

Animal products like dairy and meat is important for human health. So I can't be a vegan. I eat animal food, I mean meat and other products and I don't feel guilty for that. I find moralizing people over animal food as taking things too far. 

Man was born as a hunter gatherer, not because he didn't know better, but that was his most natural form of living. Also humans at the time of hunting gathering were much healthier than the humans today. 

So overall I have a positive approach towards the whole humans eating animal products thing. 

I just cannot underestimate the nutritional aspects of animal food. 

<one question that I wanted to raise is that if morality is what stops a person from eating animals then wouldn't the same problem arise with eating insects because at the end of the day, even insects are animals too>

@Preety_India
Did you know that we can feed at least twice as many people if everyone was vegan? Most of resources are spent on farming animals, especially water is wasted to a large extent.
You can easily ingest all nutrients that are necessary without any animals sources. Our crops are so poisoned and of such bad quality through all these chemicals and whatnot that some nutrients are missing indeed which have been there in the past, the only thing that's of real concern is B12 which is actually artificially fed to animals, so might as well artificially ingest it yourself. Not to mention the antibiotics they are given, it's very unhealthy and actually causes stronger and stronger bacteria, even heard that it's worse than the hospital bacteria problem.

They were healthier because they weren't poisoned by their environment and actually did something to get their food.
Now a question to you, what was their level of consciousness and development?

20 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

<one question that I wanted to raise is that if morality is what stops a person from eating animals then wouldn't the same problem arise with eating insects because at the end of the day, even insects are animals too>

I actually include insects in this debate.
Although I guess with eating insects we could potentially feed even more people. Data on that would be interesting too.

Edited by LaucherJunge

@LaucherJunge the problem here is with suffering. As long as animals don't suffer I have no problem with eating them. They will die at the end of the day. 

1 hour ago, gswva said:

Why not eat tofu or lentils? 

We can. But it is hard to get nessisary nutrients with vegan diet.

@LaucherJunge

I'm not going to deny anything you say because obviously I know you are right about several things that you wrote. 

But I cannot shake away from my experience. 

When I eat fruits and vegetables I do feel like I am nourishing my body. I mean all the vitamins and proteins and minerals. 

I'm not sure about your diet and what you eat.

But whenever I eat animal food I see a distinct difference in the way I feel. 

The nutrition I get from eating a plant fruit based diet is very different from the nutrition I get from eating animal meat. I can easily feel and tell the difference. The plants give me a rich source of vitamins. Meanwhile the animal meat makes me feel energized and strong. The animal protein is distinctly different from the plant protein. I can tell that much. Just being honest. 

I know there is some judgement associated with eating animals but I was just explaining the mechanics of it. 

We try to deny animal food only because of the animal cruelty and the environmental aspect or wastage aspect associated with it. 

If for a second, just forget all the damage it can do to environment and all the cruelty, you actually wouldn't say no to animal food. 

So the problem does not lie with its benefits but with the damage it's consumption causes . This is more like you're using an important product like wood or cotton which is good for your health or using steel for cooking instead of corrosive metals but at the same time knowing that extracting these metals can cause depletion or damage. 

Now if scientists are somehow able to find a way to minimize the damage to the environment by animal raising and consumption and also find ways to consume animals without cruelty, that would be great as long as all the nutritional aspect of the meat remains totally intact and natural. 

I don't think we need to be vegan to save the environment. If we can invent ways to use animals ethically and minimize damage and wastage we will be doing a great job. 

Sadly we don't have the technology or invention to solve this problem. So we resort to just giving up on animal food. 

Hopefully in the future we find a way to carefully balance and navigate this issue and we won't have to worry about the problems of meat consumption. 

It does look impossible and idealistic now but maybe there's a solution to it.. 

To me the Vegan lifestyle just doesn't seem healthy no matter how much ever you convince me about its nutritional value. I can't agree that we get all the nutrients from the plant sources. Because I have seen a huge difference in my own health by switching between plant based and animal based diet. 

It's not the same. Also a perfectly healthy person would not be able to tell the difference so there's no point in using him as a Guinea pig. 

I'm relatively unhealthy. So my sensitivity to nutrients is very strong. I can easily see even a small difference in my nutritional pattern when I switch diets. 

So after a lot of experimenting with food, I finally realized that I also need animal source in my diet. 

Those who can sustain and maintain better health with just plant based food must have much better health (genetically) to begin with. 

I'm not proud of eating animal foods. I do have my guilty moments too. But I have also accepted that we need animal food in our diet. 

Edited by Preety_India