innerchild

Why Should We Hate Ego, Though It Does Harm In Many Cases?

8 posts in this topic

Yes I know, Ego is counterintuitive, it always chases for advancements/success one after another. Ego was inherently selfish, aggressive and it's behavior do gets backfired often times. Like I was a productivity addict, I used to work all day long, even at night many cases. I tend to work without rest, sleep or barely had any fun.

still, the results/quality of my work were really poor, even if I happened to have one or two successes, It won't get satisfied. It'll crave for more.

But, this counterintuitiveness, egocentrism, lack of altruism could be easily fixed in the course of a year or two. But, why many mystics and philosophers tend to hate Ego so much?.

even act of pursuing enlightenment/ego death stems from Ego's mind!.. so let me have a clear reason behind such opinion. Also, let me know how bad you got affected by your ego in your early days! (before practicing spirituality).

i dont know if it would be fair to say that you should hate the ego. there is no you that hates. i can see your post count is quite low...so if your just starting with all of this be careful of trying to understand it all. understanding has its place but the practises are what bring about the actual results. the mind likes to think that it is becoming more silent by imagining silence but obviously this is not true. similar to how a screen that is displaying an image of a screen that is not displaying an image, is not the same as a screen that is actually not displaying an image. with there (kind of) being two "you's" its hard to know what to do or what to believe. i just hold very very loose knowledge of it all and stick with the practises. psychedelics are good

You should love every nook and cranny of reality, but ego gets in the way of you realizing that everything is love, it loves to choose one thing over another. 

So there is no way to befriend it. Ego is that which clings onto thoughts, concepts, and beliefs, which all goes directly against this work. 

But there is no need to hate it. 

There is no reason to hate the ego it doesn't even exists. Wait that's the ego talking scratch that.

Also I love my ego it got me into spirituality.  

My ego is strong, my friend, 'its what makes me put food into my mouth and not the persons sitting next to me'- Terence McKenna.

The ego doesn't necessarily chases success or advancements and it s not selfish or aggressive.  Ego is the lower self, is YOU the one who opened this topic in the first place. Ego is the form, the sum total of all the experiences that the body s been through. So if the environment that the body is been exposed acted in such a way that favorised the need to be successful or selfish or aggressive in order to survive then that s what your definition as a ego.

Ego thrives on Self-Hatred. 

It would be very wise to set your intentions clearly with a respectful/loving attitude and wonderment. 

This process isn't really about getting answers, it's about loosing questions. Counterintuitvely using questions with a proper intention can make you lose questions. 

Non-Duality can masquerade as a hidden agenda for the hidden ego parts that thrive on self-hatred/Self-hatred (hate of existence) and stimulate fragmentation of the personality. 

If you read Harry Potter you'll have lots of feelings about the characters and you'll probably hate Voldemort for lots of good reasons, but there's no story without him and also, he was never real to begin with. 

Swap you for Harry Potter and ego for Voldemort, and you've likely got a similar story going on about ego and enlightenment. You could even call the story in your head the map, but the map is not the territory, and it's ever evolving (kind like the Marauder's Map). To make it even more tantalizing/confusing, Harry Potter is pretty selfish sometimes and Voldemort isn't entirely evil. And the TEACHERS... we haven't even started trying to figure out the teachers. 

xDxDxD

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost