Maxu

"My 600lb life" insights and impressions

5 posts in this topic

Any particular thing that struck you about this show in a positive/negative way?

Also feel free to post (non-hateful) memes

image_widget_ajyztvvh9rp01.png

People in sad situations. I was wondering how unconscious a person needs to be in order to accept that situation. I think any awareness building technique would help them. The doctor`s approach is quite shallow, a lifecoach and a psychotherapist would be welcome.

Edited by Alexop

Why would you even watch this? This is just another mass entertainment to make people feel better about themselves by watching people who are sick....just wrapped in some nicely copywrited jibber jabber. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569 The day will come when these shows actually help people and empower people to live better lives....hopefully :) 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

I’m obese. 445 lbs, 5’2 ft, and 29 years old. This show scares the living shit out of me. Because as I get fatter and older I’m starting to really feel disabled. I was in denial and still am in denial.  I was always the “pretty for a fat girl” girl and had no health complications until recently. No alarm bells to get me motivated to change my habits. I been gaining about 20-50 pounds per year. I sometimes manage to stick to a diet and I’ll drop 80-100 pounds. But then I gain it all back again plus more. This is my first year in the 400s and my new limitations are frightening and frustrating.
I always been fat. I was in the 200s in high school. 250 in college. And I gained an extra 100 pounds after pregnancy.

My 600 pound life inspires me to go on a diet in fear of becoming like the people in the show. Or maybe it scares me too much and I manifest the weight gain and disabilities I fear. I don’t understand why I can’t keep the weight off. I tried water fasting, snake diet, OMAD, keto, Atkins, paleo, grape fruit and egg diet, south beach diet, 1200 per day calorie restrictions, slim fast, weight watchers, nutrisystem. In the end I gain it back plus more. Maybe it’s emotional eating? Lack of impulse control.

My parents were addicted to crack. We lived in nasty conditions. They sold everything. They sold the tv, Super Nintendo, the neighbor’s yard decorations, sold our food stamps. We never had toilet paper. We used to just wipe our ass with dirty cloths. Roaches everywhere. Squalid conditions. I was bullied at school for smelling like cat pee and cigarettes. I loved my dear mother. I had dreams to grow up and support her. I wanted to get her away from my dad. I used to hate my father for beating her. They kinda beat on each other but he was so mean, manipulative, and violent. Verbal and mental abuse to us kids. Nothing a kid should witness. I did a lot of reading and self help work, and followed Leos course, and watched “we need to talk” with Kris Godinez on youtube and basically learned to forgive them and not blame them. I love them both. But I mention this because I don’t think obesity is a choice. I think it’s a symptom of emptiness. My sister is also obese in the heavy 300s. She was diagnosed with  sleep apnea, congestive heart failure, high blood pressure, cptsd, and schizo affective disorder.  I was younger and didn’t get professional help like she did. Our mom overdosed and died at 39. I was 12 and I just went to live with my cousins and had a normal childhood after. But my sister was older and went to a group home, and my older brother was addicted to heroin and stayed on the streets. I think I may have complex post traumatic stress disorder. Never been diagnosed, but I do get triggered when something reminds me of that life.
What I’m saying is I believe obesity is a symptom of unresolved trauma or maybe a “lack of love” like Leo said in the most recent video. My brother still struggles with addiction. I don’t see him anymore. He triggers me into depression. But I feel like if he wasn’t self medicating he would also be fat.