Black Flag

Dear Strategic Motherfuckers.

9 posts in this topic

Hello all,

Is anyone here actually a strategic motherfucker? If so, why?

What are you actively doing in your life right now that qualifies you as one of these motherfuckers.

Personally I am having troubles with becoming such a motherfucker. In my attempts, I have two journals - one is a book with goals that I want to achieve. These are short (for example running a faster 5km time) and long term goals (such as owning my own place in 5 years) although I'm finding it difficult to write specific 5 and 10 year goals. I'm currently on summer break from uni and I am feeling quite purpose-less. I don't feel that I have a purpose although I'm trying with Leos Life Purpose Course. I also recently set up a whiteboard in my room to handle short term lists that I also write in an attempt to add organisation to my life. 

So what makes you a strategic motherfucker? How do you plan your life? 

Edited by Black Flag
Typo

@Black Flag

You said your goal was running faster, set a exact time you should achieve (being specific). Explain how you shall achieve it. What problems might occur? Is it possible you get an injury, that one day you will have a setback and not train?  Prepare for these situations, prepare for every single outcome before it happens.

Instead of saying you should own your own place in 5 years, where should this home be? Should you have a mortgage on it or is it paid off already? Is it a big fking house with an outside pool in one of the most wealthy communities. Is it a place for your family (in the future) or is it just for you personally.

How many rooms/bathrooms does it have etc.

This is more about goal-setting and not necessarily on how to be more strategic.

Leo's suggestion in the Patience video helped me realise that I need to be doing exactly this. And I do, and it's awesome. I took some notes while watching his strategic thinking video and I read them as an opening ritual for the habit itself, it helps my mind focus and also provides some guidance as to what I "should" be doing for the following 60 minutes. I just bought the Strategic Thinking course on the great courses website, it's on sale right now you can get it for $35, and I'm going to be using that advice in my habit.

For you, I recommend that you get the course right now, it's much cheaper than usual. Take this advice seriously and put in the habit, and then you'll become one seriously strategic motherfucker.
You don't necessarily need to buy the course, but it's much cheaper than usual so make sure you don't do something you'll regret (or vice versa, do something you won't regret !).

Hope this helps.

6 hours ago, Black Flag said:

Hello all,

Is anyone here actually a strategic motherfucker? If so, why?

What are you actively doing in your life right now that qualifies you as one of these motherfuckers.

Personally I am having troubles with becoming such a motherfucker. In my attempts, I have two journals - one is a book with goals that I want to achieve. These are short (for example running a faster 5km time) and long term goals (such as owning my own place in 5 years) although I'm finding it difficult to write specific 5 and 10 year goals. I'm currently on summer break from uni and I am feeling quite purpose-less. I don't feel that I have a purpose although I'm trying with Leos Life Purpose Course. I also recently set up a whiteboard in my room to handle short term lists that I also write in an attempt to add organisation to my life. 

So what makes you a strategic motherfucker? How do you plan your life? 

What I've done is I've set up different categories to excel at in life (nutrition, exercise, lifestyle, parenthood, business, consciousness, social life, etc.) Then I think of specific ways that I want to excel in each of these domains. Then, I work out daily (or weekly and monthly if appropriate) routines for achieving my (daily, weekly, monthly, yearly) goals. I suggest starting with implementing one habit at a time before adding more habits. The habits are really where it's at. After a certain amount of time, habits get automatically wired into your brain. So, these good habits which are baby-steps to achieving your goals will add up and eventually exponentially multiply over time. 

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

22 hours ago, Tancrede Pouyat said:

I just bought the Strategic Thinking course on the great courses website, it's on sale right now you can get it for $35, and I'm going to be using that advice in my habit.

For you, I recommend that you get the course right now, it's much cheaper than usual. Take this advice seriously and put in the habit, and then you'll become one seriously strategic motherfucker.

You have just opened my eyes to The Great Courses website (http://www.thegreatcourses.co.uk/) . Thanks for mentioning that! I never knew this existed and there are so many courses on offer! I think I might go for that Strategic Thinking course too, I can listen to it in the car on the way to work :) This has made me quite excited... 

23 hours ago, reez said:

Okay, so if my goal is to buy a house with x and y rooms, floors etc. How do I get there? I'm finding it hard to plan the strategy needed to get to that place. Any ideas on how I'd do that?

18 hours ago, Emerald Wilkins said:

What I've done is I've set up different categories to excel at in life (nutrition, exercise, lifestyle, parenthood, business, consciousness, social life, etc.) Then I think of specific ways that I want to excel in each of these domains. Then, I work out daily (or weekly and monthly if appropriate) routines for achieving my (daily, weekly, monthly, yearly) goals. I suggest starting with implementing one habit at a time before adding more habits. The habits are really where it's at. After a certain amount of time, habits get automatically wired into your brain. So, these good habits which are baby-steps to achieving your goals will add up and eventually exponentially multiply over time. 

Thanks for the tips :) That's a good idea with the excel spreadsheet. Are you making progress with it? 

I'm a strategic motherfucker. I also have two voices in my head communicating with me giving me advice in life and makes strategic plans for me. Some people would call me schizophrenic, but I know I make the two voices up... but still I'm a strategic motherfucker.

- Enter your fear and you are free -

4 hours ago, Black Flag said:

Thanks for the tips :) That's a good idea with the excel spreadsheet. Are you making progress with it? 

I've been making baby steps and modest gains toward all of my goals, but it's slow going in some areas. I have to focus more on creating a better quality product for my business. I'm a YouTuber and I have about 25 channel improvements that I still need to implement. I think my content is informative and helpful but I need better delivery, habits, production quality, scheduling, channel bumper, etc. to make it more professional looking and engaging. But my numbers are doing pretty good relative to where I was two months ago. I get 5 to 10 new subscribers every day in contrast to the 1 or 2  that I used to get. My diet, I switched to a plant-based diet. Now I want to focus on eating a lot more raw and creating interesting and healthy meals for my family and I. I have a morning routine that includes a Yoga practice and a night routine that incorporates an hour of meditation. So, I have a lot of puzzle pieces... I just have to bring them all together in a more cohesive way.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

Over the past couple years, I'm becoming much more strategic. For example, I strategically created my transition from struggling college student to becoming a greatly improved student who used strategic resources like tutoring and help from professors. I'm strategic with my creativity by feeding my muse in many ways, having a comeback to creative writing after a big failure and also getting the opportunities to travel more. I haven't fully mastered strategic thinking but I'm improving excellently. I will be strategic and short-term and long-term for the rest of my life. 

@Black Flag What works for me is: Find out what your life purpose is. Set the goals. And with everything you do, keep your eyes on the ball (keep your goals in mind). Always remind yourself what the goal is then the strategic actions will naturally follow.