Arnie

Posture

9 posts in this topic

Do you have any recommendations on great courses, videos, articles or any other material about improving your posture?

Or is anybody currently working on his/her posture and wants to share some tips or insights? I find posture a very important topic since it affects many different areas not only on the physical level but especially on the emotional and mental level like self-confidence, or in the intersection of these two, like stored repressed feelings in the form of chronic muscle tension. When you can free your body from restrictions, your mind also declutters.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

Hey Arnie, I personally do stretches/yoga every morning.  The effect is obvious, I say. I tend to slouch, so stretches help me a lot in opening up my body.
My upper back is especially tense, so I focus on it mostly when stretching, but this may be different in your case. You just have to try out and see what works. Good luck :)

@Arnie Among the best stuff you can find on posture is from Naudi Aguilar. Has a lot of youtube also.

Watch Leo's Awareness video. I think that if we practice being more aware from moment to moment in our everyday lives, we will be more and more aware of our bodies, and then our bodies will fall less and less into the lazy posture mode.

What I am reading now: Smile at Fear, Chögyam Trungpa

The Mind and body are truly connected

Many times a persons posture or lack of it is related to his/her emotional state , hunched shoulders and neck forward posture can be 100% emotional / stress related. Tight neck and or shoulder muscles can often be caused by stress or perceived  problems in ones life.

Massages are calming and enjoyable will often allow the mind to release the tension in the muscles. You need to find out whats stressing you and deal with it once and for all.

Edited by Beam

Elliot here is a sports trainer with knowledge to spare

On 8/22/2016 at 7:55 AM, Beam said:

Massages are calming and enjoyable will often allow the mind to release the tension in the muscles. You need to find out whats stressing you and deal with it once and for all.

That's right, we have to deal with the root cause of the problem, otherwise the resistance will still be present.

I write about scientific-based self-help, habits, productivity, creativity and ancient wisdom over at www.selfempoweredlife.com

"Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep" - The Internet

I agree , without finding the root of ones problems there is little chance at happiness or correction.
There must be good study material out to help one find the root of their problems.

I am curious about it now , I'm going to look into it right now.