WHO IS

The answer to non-duality is "Choice"

98 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, WHO IS said:

But when his "high" wore off, he came back to see that he has no more hands. So basically what I'm trying to say is that reality doesn't care what one experience in ones own POV. 

Yes yes, i get you!

But think about that, if he had remained in that state he would believe to be immortal right now.

Just now, arlin said:

Be aware jim newman for example which is a non duality teacher does not believe this.

I am aware that there is many degrees of awakening. How do you know if he has had a more profound awakening than leo's and has discovered the truth further? That ultimately reality its not this big love that you are talking about.

I don't know who Jim Newman is. :)

Once you are in this state of oneness, the truth can not go further. It just IS, it's absolute. You come full circle and realize oneness. You just know. It can't go further than oneness. 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@VeganAwake I don't know if i should believe if jim newman got everything right or if everything wrong.

Saying just the same things over and over again to me seems like brainwashing people.

The answer to the question at 1:10 is: for the maximization of love. It looks to me like he doesn't want to explain it because he isn't aware of love. 

I might be wrong tho, this is the only clip I've seen of him. Saying it doesn't need an explanation is not good enough. 

@fridjonk I most likely agree with you. I have been aware of his teachings for months and he seems to ignore facets of the infinite. But again, maybe he got it.

@arlin Yeah it's best to not judge others, he may just have his way of communicating things. But full awakening will most likely result with words like god, love, infinite consciousness, being used, and not just "this" even though it is "this". 

I guess I'm judging him after all.  ;)

@fridjonk You can be right, who knows. I don't trust anybody anymore. Otherwise i would get stuck and move nowhere.

It's better to live life in ignorance choosing to do so sometimes.

In my opinion these guys just remove the religious/spiritual/mystical woo woo mumbo jumbo out of the awakening story..

All they are really saying is:

1) There is no separate self inside the body...running the show, that's Maya.

2) There isn't a path for the illusory separate individual to follow to find something called Awakening because the separate individual is the illusion itself. 

3) Everything is already perfect whole and complete and just needs to be recognized.

That's essentially their entire message.. doesn't sound that evil right lol?

Oh wait they're crazy deluded Neo Advaitist's that's right haha.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@VeganAwake Well and I could say they just have a stoic zen mindset and ignore their feelings.

But I'm not going to pretend I know if they are awake or not, there are probably many ways to be awake to some degree.

But in the end, reality is infinite love and infinite consciousness, these terms are not woo woo mumbo jumbo, these are words for what reality is. 

God speaks to us through feelings, not rationalization. 

6 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

3) Everything is already perfect whole and complete and just needs to be recognized.

What they are also saying, is that nobody is there to recognize it. So, actually, the whole enlightenment thing is a fairy tail. Because it's just another story, another experience, for the "me", to grab hold on, to make sense of reality.

There is no such thing as enlightenment,according to them.

@fridjonk Actually, you don't really know that.

You actually don't know what you are talking about, (according to those teachings.)

Feelings are just something that happens, are just an illusion. (According to them)

@arlin Yubb if that is the case, then "I" would probably say "they" are not fully awake according to "me". 

Since he avoided the question in the video, It would seem so.

Love is not duality.   

Edited by fridjonk

@fridjonk Uhm... who knows.

But love is just a story in the illusion, they would say.  I think they would say that reality is unconditional love because it has to be so, because it can not not be itself (Reality can't be nothing else so there you go, unconditional love). not because love is a fantastic and beautifull emotion which serves a purpose of some kind.

I think those teachings are more raw and definetly less ego pleasing, In fact, there is nothing there for the ego.

The ego is trying to put meaning to everything and maybe when talking about the nature of reality, people can fall pray into that and transform this into a comfortable story for the ego.

21 minutes ago, arlin said:

not because love is a fantastic and beautifull emotion which serves a purpose of some kind.

That's what I said, I said love is not a duality. It's also duality, it shapes duality with consciousness. 

21 minutes ago, arlin said:

I think those teachings are more raw and definetly less ego pleasing, In fact, there is nothing there for the ego.

No, they are just more logical, not less ego, more ego. They are too left-brained. 

If they were fully awake, they'd probably use words such as love, and consciousness more.

Not only preach "this" and "nothing".

Edited by fridjonk

36 minutes ago, arlin said:

What they are also saying, is that nobody is there to recognize it. So, actually, the whole enlightenment thing is a fairy tail. Because it's just another story, another experience, for the "me", to grab hold on, to make sense of reality.

There is no such thing as enlightenment,according to them.

Wow that came out of nowhere.. exactly right...

I think this Arlin dude just woke up y'all ?

4 minutes ago, fridjonk said:

No, they are just more logical, not less ego, more ego. They are too left-brained. 

If they were fully awake, they'd probably use words such as love, and consciousness more.

Not only preach "this" and "nothing".

Now that i think about it, you could be entirely right.

yet, maybe using words such as love, and consciousness, pretends to describe reality, which is indescribable. So one could say you are actually further away from the truth. (If there is a truth to get, to begin with)

4 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

Wow that came out of nowhere..

Is there a pun intended? ;) 

4 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

I think this Arlin dude just woke up y'all ?

Ahahaha, im very ignorant but thanks :)