Juan Cruz Giusto

Be Fucking Patient! Summary

64 posts in this topic

Hofstadter’s Law: “It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account this law.”

How sad would it be that you were on track to get some important accomplishment and you quit just inches ahead of your final goal? Maybe the only thing standing in your way between you and the success you want in your life is actually just patience.

You are on this journey of self-actualization and what happens a lot of times is that you feel you are not getting the results you deserve give what you are putting in. It’s important to remember that you need more patience.

Whatever your goals are, just be patient! Don’t psyche yourself out when you don’t get the results you expect. The mind will always try to expect more than what is happening. “People overestimate what they can do in 1 year but underestimate what they can do in 10 years”. You need to start think more long term! Growth is exponential but you need to stick with it for a long period of time.

Success is made up by thousands of small steps. Big accomplishments don’t happen in one giant victory; it is an accumulation of small victories that with time generate really big results. RESULTS DON’T COME LINEARLY. You need to stick with it until you get through the point of inflexion where giant results await you.

At the beginning of every project, that is the longest phase and the most emotionally difficult part. The beginning is like 80% of the work (a couple of years) but once it takes off you are done.

The amount of patience you need to have in a project should be proportional to the significance of that project to your life. If it’s really significant, it is worth the time. Napoleon Hill researched for 20 years before creating his book.

Really important projects:

-          Meditation

-          Financial Independence and Business

-          Relationships and Dating

-          Enlightenment

In meditation and enlightenment work, the first few years are really challenging; you are going to pas though some difficult times but after that only peace remains. This applies to everything in your life.

How to implement this principle of patience

-          Be conscious of your self-talk in the first stages of your progress. Think long term!

-          Create more room in your life for strategizing! You need an hour block of time every week to strategize and think about your life long term. Connect the dots and work towards your ultimate vision.

-          Slow down your pace in your projects. The root is your impatience, expect that results will show in a longer time, be patient. Don’t rush the project. Accept that you will take twice as long to accomplish it.

-          Focus on walking the path, it will transform your life if YOU STAY ON IT! Nothing will ruin your results than self-sabotage!

Remember that patience is not the same as waiting. You need to take action but be patient!

Questions

-          One area of my life that I’m trying to go to fast is…

-          Why am I in such a rush?

-          If it took twice as long, would it still be worth it?

-          If I embrace the principle of patience I would…

-          How would my expectations change if I care deeply about long term results?

-          What exactly does a lazy pace look like for this project?

-          What exactly does an impatient pace look like for this project?

-          What exactly does a wise pace look like for this project?

My YouTube Channel: https://bit.ly/2PSLrNb

17 hours ago, Juan Cruz Giusto said:

Hofstadter’s Law: “It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account this law.”

How sad would it be that you were on track to get some important accomplishment and you quit just inches ahead of your final goal? Maybe the only thing standing in your way between you and the success you want in your life is actually just patience.

You are on this journey of self-actualization and what happens a lot of times is that you feel you are not getting the results you deserve give what you are putting in. It’s important to remember that you need more patience.

Whatever your goals are, just be patient! Don’t psyche yourself out when you don’t get the results you expect. The mind will always try to expect more than what is happening. “People overestimate what they can do in 1 year but underestimate what they can do in 10 years”. You need to start think more long term! Growth is exponential but you need to stick with it for a long period of time.

Success is made up by thousands of small steps. Big accomplishments don’t happen in one giant victory; it is an accumulation of small victories that with time generate really big results. RESULTS DON’T COME LINEARLY. You need to stick with it until you get through the point of inflexion where giant results await you.

At the beginning of every project, that is the longest phase and the most emotionally difficult part. The beginning is like 80% of the work (a couple of years) but once it takes off you are done.

The amount of patience you need to have in a project should be proportional to the significance of that project to your life. If it’s really significant, it is worth the time. Napoleon Hill researched for 20 years before creating his book.

Really important projects:

-          Meditation

-          Financial Independence and Business

-          Relationships and Dating

-          Enlightenment

In meditation and enlightenment work, the first few years are really challenging; you are going to pas though some difficult times but after that only peace remains. This applies to everything in your life.

How to implement this principle of patience

-          Be conscious of your self-talk in the first stages of your progress. Think long term!

-          Create more room in your life for strategizing! You need an hour block of time every week to strategize and think about your life long term. Connect the dots and work towards your ultimate vision.

-          Slow down your pace in your projects. The root is your impatience, expect that results will show in a longer time, be patient. Don’t rush the project. Accept that you will take twice as long to accomplish it.

-          Focus on walking the path, it will transform your life if YOU STAY ON IT! Nothing will ruin your results than self-sabotage!

Remember that patience is not the same as waiting. You need to take action but be patient!

Questions

-          One area of my life that I’m trying to go to fast is…

-          Why am I in such a rush?

-          If it took twice as long, would it still be worth it?

-          If I embrace the principle of patience I would…

-          How would my expectations change if I care deeply about long term results?

-          What exactly does a lazy pace look like for this project?

-          What exactly does an impatient pace look like for this project?

-          What exactly does a wise pace look like for this project?

i am a little curious as to why you felt you needed to use the F word in the subject of the topic, and also curious as to why you listed enlightenment last in your group of projects to do, if you don't mind me asking.

29 minutes ago, charlie2dogs said:

i am a little curious as to why you felt you needed to use the F word in the subject of the topic, and also curious as to why you listed enlightenment last in your group of projects to do, if you don't mind me asking.

Edited by Evilwave Heddy

27 minutes ago, Raquel said:

@charlie2dogs he didn't mention but this is from Leo's new video. 

thank you but this has nothing to do with my questions

34 minutes ago, Evilwave Heddy said:

what does this video have to do with the questions i ask of the one who started the topic?

2 hours ago, charlie2dogs said:

what does this video have to do with the questions i ask of the one who started the topic?

Because the original post is a summary of the video you quoted, Leo's most recent video on patience. This guy summarizes Leo's videos into text form every week, sort of like a cliffs notes version. The title is Be FUCKING patient. 

Why do you have such a strong tendency to start an argument in every thread you enter? I'm asking you to ask yourself, not because I want an answer. 

@ChimpBrain

Hi,

Do you know the background context of Charlie's intent?

There is a statement by Charlie, yes that is the truth.  But "you" are providing the context in which you put his statements.

This is why I just raised a post about projection because I see projection now, not just as an intellectual concept, but as a phenomena. 

And the irony of it is that it was Charlie's pointers that helped me see this for for myself :)

* DISCLAIMER - I am not provoking an argument*

Edited by Mal

1 hour ago, ChimpBrain said:

Because the original post is a summary of the video you quoted, Leo's most recent video on patience. This guy summarizes Leo's videos into text form every week, sort of like a cliffs notes version. The title is Be FUCKING patient. 

Why do you have such a strong tendency to start an argument in every thread you enter? I'm asking you to ask yourself, not because I want an answer. 

1 hour ago, ChimpBrain said:

maybe you better figure out what my question was, had nothing to do with a video, do you not understand english,

you said:  Why do you have such a strong tendency to start an argument in every thread you enter? I'm asking you to ask yourself, not because I want an answer,   this is a very ignorant statement.

Edited by charlie2dogs

Juan, thank you so much for the summary! I really appreciate how you create summaries for these videos! I've been heavily applying this video for a big creative undertaking where I dedicate myself to writing five pages a day and on some days, I go beyond my five page quota. Right now, I'm committing myself to a project of an online creative writing class for new writers or young writers and I've committed everyday to create slideshows. 

3 minutes ago, Juan Cruz Giusto said:

@charlie2dogs i copy and paste the title of Leo's video. Regarding the enlightenment part? I sometimes add my own comments and thoughts (i should probably mention it, I'm sorry)

dont be sorry i was just curious

@charlie2dogs hehe, i know.. It's true i should mention that i add some of my ideas since they are not what Leo says. I think enlightenment is kind of a project since you have to work towards it in some way i believe.. Don't know though how you relate to the subject now that you are self realized 

1 minute ago, Juan Cruz Giusto said:

@charlie2dogs hehe, i know.. It's true i should mention that i add some of my ideas since they are not what Leo says. I think enlightenment is kind of a project since you have to work towards it in some way i believe.. Don't know though how you relate to the subject now that you are self realized 

enlightenment should not be sought as a goal, you wont get there that way, i already been through what most on this forum are going to have to go through in life,  and i have learned a lot,  enlightenment requires a shift from the human being to the being of consciousness, most are not going to understand that, until after they experience the change, so what i learned, is this if you want to save possibly thousands of lifetimes of searching, pain and misery, you go straight to the heart of a thing,  to become a being of consciousness, you have to function as and from consciousness rather than as a human being,  the shortest way i know to get that done is this,   spend time being still, being quiet, and experience the deeper real part of you that is giving your body life, it is consciousness. go deeper and deeper until you are that, one practice that can help that is to practice being in the moment of life, present aware, conscious, where nothing else exist but that moment.  this is the keys that unlocks the door to enlightenment or self realization.   Dont even make it a meditation, dont even see it as a practice,  just do it to experience something deeper about yourself, keep it simple and dont complicate it with a lot of thinking.

@charlie2dogs tbanks sir! I try to be "in the now" any time i can trying to realize that, even though I'm not thinking, i'm still existing (beyond the mind and the body), like a sense of "I am" that is beyond words and thought. Thanks for the heads up ? 

1 minute ago, Juan Cruz Giusto said:

@charlie2dogs tbanks sir! I try to be "in the now" any time i can trying to realize that, even though I'm not thinking, i'm still existing (beyond the mind and the body), like a sense of "I am" that is beyond words and thought. Thanks for the heads up ? 

my pleasure

1 hour ago, charlie2dogs said:

enlightenment should not be sought as a goal, you wont get there that way, i already been through what most on this forum are going to have to go through in life,  and i have learned a lot,  enlightenment requires a shift from the human being to the being of consciousness, most are not going to understand that, until after they experience the change, so what i learned, is this if you want to save possibly thousands of lifetimes of searching, pain and misery, you go straight to the heart of a thing,  to become a being of consciousness, you have to function as and from consciousness rather than as a human being,  the shortest way i know to get that done is this,   spend time being still, being quiet, and experience the deeper real part of you that is giving your body life, it is consciousness. go deeper and deeper until you are that, one practice that can help that is to practice being in the moment of life, present aware, conscious, where nothing else exist but that moment.  this is the keys that unlocks the door to enlightenment or self realization.   Dont even make it a meditation, dont even see it as a practice,  just do it to experience something deeper about yourself, keep it simple and dont complicate it with a lot of thinking.

i love the way you worded this 

1 minute ago, Quizzer said:

@charlie2dogs Why do You and @Mal always make such stupid fucking comments? Please leave this forum, everyone things you're annoying as f*ck

maybe the comments sound stupid to you because you are acting like an unconscious human identity , and i dont really expect any better from unconscious human identities.

@Quizzer

14 minutes ago, Quizzer said:

@charlie2dogs Why do You and @Mal always make such stupid fucking comments? Please leave this forum, everyone things you're annoying as f*ck

Which one of Leo's video's are you parroting this time Quizzer?

The "Stupid F**** Comments" video?

:P

Edited by Mal