Heaven

Daily practices to elevate consciousness

5 posts in this topic

Hey all?

currently, I use the app Calm which I highly recommend. One of my best finding this year.I meditate in the morning for 10 minutes and do breathing for another 5 minutes and in the night the same.

Lately, I’ve been exposed to HOF method but he doesn’t resonate with me that much. I didn’t give up on him still checking it out.(Cold showers and his breathing technique).

Soon will start micro dosing with LSD.

I would like to open my mind for new techniques that helped u increase ur consciousness.

Thank u for ur help u guys are awesome❤️

Any of Leo's (or others') self-inquiry techniques.  

I've been on and off with my meditation through the years, but I feel like my constant (fairly) self-inquiry daily (about 20mins) has kept my growth steady.

I used to do more "What am I?"  --> then moved to looking at the wall and trying to imagine I was never born --> also, try looking out at an object, focus on it, then try to reverse your awareness "into your head/eyes" to try and "see the seer".

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

Give it a try to Kundalini Yoga. Start first with only basic exercises.

I wouldn´t advice self-inquiry until you have some yoga or meditation habit in place.

If you like to do sports, try also going out running in nature (if you are able) and when you stop meditate/be aware of your surrendings. For me its very strong this combo. I think the quietness of nature + how relaxed the brain is when you just exercised can give very interesting results in meditation.

Edited by Javfly33

@Heaven I would say while this Virus is around, don't give up on the Wim Hof method, cold shower followed by his 10 minute guided breathing doesn't take long and can help your immune system, it's something I've readded into my routine as a result of this!

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

my daily practise is now kryia yoga followed by self enquiry following by the "look at your hand" technique which usually runs for an hour and a half. The hand technique is by far my favourite, its extremely powerful at the end of a meditation sesh. One thing i would say is this, i personally dont think self enquiry is taught very well here, mixed messages, unclear methodology. For the first year of my self enquiry i was analysing thoughts and thinking constantly. This is more contemplation than self enquiry.

This website expresses the methodology behind self enquiry excellently in my opinion (https://www.yogajournal.com/meditation/the-shining)@Heaven

"...introduce the question "Who am I?" The point of this question is not to engage the mind, because the mind inevitably gnaws on questions endlessly like a dog on a bone, with little nutritional benefit. Instead, drop the question into the stillness of your being like a pebble into a still forest pool. Let it send ripples through your meditation, but don't attempt to figure it out!

When the pond is tranquil again, drop in another pebble and see what happens. Set aside any conceptual answers, such as "I am a child of God" or "I am consciousness" or "I am a spiritual being of light," and come back to the question. Though true at a certain level, these answers will not satisfy your hunger for spiritual sustenance."

Asking the question, "what is aware of this thought" and instead of grasping onto "things" and "ideas" simply see that the perception of the thought is effortless. Following the intuition is absolutely key. Trust your intuitive unction over leo, over me, over everything. Let it morph and change your practise 

Edited by Aaron p