Mary

The Enlightenment Process

9 posts in this topic

Today after one month of daily meditation, I decided to give enlightenment a try and I have a question.

So before getting enlightened, during the enlightenment process, do we get any benefits? Will the process itself raise concentration/focus? Will it develop our relationships with people, will it better our performance in studies/work/career, will it reduce anxiety/stress? In a nutshell, does it help us with life the same way as meditation does? Or in the process, you won't get any benefits and it pretty much worsens the situation?

And btw being social is very important to me, will it cause me to lose my interest for social relationships? Will I get worse in my relationships during the process?

Cause as I was doing it, I noticed that I got frustrated and most of the time, I lost focus and pretty much was in my own thought stories.

Edited by Mary

@Mary Hi Mary, could you explain what you mean when you say "you decided to give enlightenment a try" please as I don't understand (my apologies)

52 minutes ago, Mary said:

Today after one month of daily meditation, I decided to give enlightenment a try and I have a question.

So before getting enlightened, during the enlightenment process, do we get any benefits? Will the process itself raise concentration/focus? Will it develop our relationships with people, will it better our performance in studies/work/career, will it reduce anxiety/stress? In a nutshell, does it help us with life the same way as meditation does? Or in the process, you won't get any benefits and it pretty much worsens the situation?

And btw being social is very important to me, will it cause me to lose my interest for social relationships? Will I get worse in my relationships during the process?

Cause as I was doing it, I noticed that I got frustrated and most of the time, I lost focus and pretty much was in my own thought stories.

Mary, there is a huge misconception about enlightenment on this forum as well as all over the world, most of it is just newage nonsense.  Stop seeking enlightment, there is something more important that you need to do, which will carry you to enlightenment after a time, when your consciousness is evolved enough for it.

first you need to come to the realization that you are not this body,  the real you that gives life to this body is what you need to become one with, and then you will be enlightened.

@Mary There is nothing to be gained. That's the paradox. When you take the whole trip you realize enlightenment exists only in the mind.  Mind searches for enlightenment because it's playing a game of hide and seek on itself. That game can only be won by stepping out of the body/mind that is playing the game. Disassociating yourself from the body/mind is the first big step. Think of your body as a temporary physical temple and not what you are. You are something much greater than the limitations of the body/mind.

You can't really gain anything from it subjectively speaking. Only objectively, but that won't even be in your interest once you reach that state of consciousness because you realise there is no one behind the curtain to benefit from it. It's like watching a movie where a character suddenly gets superpowers... how does that affect You? It doesn't. It's just cool. 

On my journey towards liberation I faced a lot of hardships. It wasn't easy. Meditation brings up a lot of stuff from your subconscious mind which you have to deal with face to face. But it's nothing to be afraid of really, because instead of letting things you had no idea existed sneak up on you – you're actually making a mature decision to face reality. The benefits I gained and am still gaining is awareness. I just recently really started to get excited about the whole concept of awareness, especially because of Leo's latest videos. I am more aware now and I realise how curative it can be. Awareness and unawareness are like my new hobbies, haha. Unfortunately where I live it's quite difficult to find people with common interests, but I don't mind...

So keep searching, and eventually you'll find out that what you were always looking for was always there in front of you in the first place. 

Good luck

- Enter your fear and you are free -

@TSH Chris Hi, My bad. English isn't my first language. I meant I decided to start doing enlightenment work like self inquiry. 

@Mary Hi! No, it is me, I misinterpret words often (and I am English!).

My experience thus far is that all of the things you mention will feel "better" so there is nothing to be concerned or apprehensive about. Particularly my social interactions have improved (more present, better listener etc) so you can look forward to that!

On 23/06/2016 at 0:32 PM, Mary said:

This is part of the process. It happens that thought takes over, that is the human mind/condition. The vital part for you is that you NOTICED it. This means that awareness and presence is already coming for you. Keep practising meditation and observing your mind/ego and you are doing great!

On 6/23/2016 at 0:32 PM, Mary said:

@TSH Chris Hi, My bad. English isn't my first language. I meant I decided to start doing enlightenment work like self inquiry. 

You will not get anythingbut you will lose anxiety, temper, depression and problems related to mind.