Ismael

Am I experiencing the “Heart on the right”?

12 posts in this topic

Hello Forum ?? First post, I hope it’s readable. ?

I’m currently reading “Who Am I? Meditation” by Ramaji, and the book introduced me to what Ramana Maharshi called the “Heart on the right”. 

He said that the “Heart” is where the I-thought will die and that this is done by dropping the  I- thought back down into the Heart each time it escapes home. 

After I’ve been doing the following practices on a consistent basis since December last year;

• Mindfulness meditation with labeling + concentration practice,

• Neti Neti Meditation,

• and Kriya Yoga preparatory exercises, 

first small improvements to my ability to rest in this thoughtless state have been noticeable. 
As well as stimulating my third eye for the first time and experiencing some tingling on top of the head. 

Anyways. For three days now, I’ve been experiencing some sort of  pain on the right side of my chest. 

I’m physically active and eat healthy and would be very surprised if it was caused by a physical condition. 
That’s why I’m posting on this part of the forum. 

I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out if what I’m experiencing is what Ramana Maharshi called the “Heart”.

I would love to hear about your experiences with the “Heart”. I’m quite confused. ?

Personally, in my awakening I never experienced the heart on the right, but read about it in both of Ramajis books 1000 and Who Am I? 

I would recommend going to a physician, I think he recommends doing that first, and if all your tests in order then there's a good chance you're experiencing the dropping away of the I-Thought, which is such a beautiful experience, albeit can be tough at times :x

So, I would recommend getting the all clear from a qualified Doctor, nobody on here can really say it's 100% not heart problems, until you get tested :) Plus better to be safe than sorry! 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

Thanks for the quick response  @LfcCharlie4 ?? That’ll definitely help me lift my confusion. ??

How do you experience this "pain" and do you usually experience anxiety?

First thought that pops into my mind is that anxiety can make itself reminded as such "pain" that more like a pressure point than a sharp pain, in the opposite side of the heart region. Gets accentuated when exhaling slowly and deeply.

Want to connect? Just do it, I assure you I'm just a human being just like you, drop me a PM today. 

32 minutes ago, Ismael said:

Hello Forum ?? First post, I hope it’s readable. ?

I’m currently reading “Who Am I? Meditation” by Ramaji, and the book introduced me to what Ramana Maharshi called the “Heart on the right”. 

He said that the “Heart” is where the I-thought will die and that this is done by dropping the  I- thought back down into the Heart each time it escapes home. 

After I’ve been doing the following practices on a consistent basis since December last year;

• Mindfulness meditation with labeling + concentration practice,

• Neti Neti Meditation,

• and Kriya Yoga preparatory exercises, 

first small improvements to my ability to rest in this thoughtless state have been noticeable. 
As well as stimulating my third eye for the first time and experiencing some tingling on top of the head. 

Anyways. For three days now, I’ve been experiencing some sort of  pain on the right side of my chest. 

I’m physically active and eat healthy and would be very surprised if it was caused by a physical condition. 
That’s why I’m posting on this part of the forum. 

I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out if what I’m experiencing is what Ramana Maharshi called the “Heart”.

I would love to hear about your experiences with the “Heart”. I’m quite confused. ?

Its probably not it. You'd need to be more advanced on the path to know what they're really talking about. Its probably one of the many many contractions that your body needs to release. 

@Ismael If you haven't the 2 other books I'd recommend by Ramaji are: 

No Mind, No Problem 

Have a great day!

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@Eph75 The pain gets accentuated when I bend my thorax downwards. ?

I overthink quite a lot. Especially before posting something. ?

I’ve been practicing being honest and vulnerable lately and purged some old unfinished business by telling people what I felt for/ about them. 
Maybe this is the physical sign of opening the heart.  
I’ve been experiencing some strong backlashes in the past weeks as well. 

Maybe this is a physical symptom of working on self-love and opening up. 

@Visionary I could definitely see that. Ramaji mentioned this in the book as well. 
He says to make sure to work on the breath, body and heart as well. 
„Whatever approach you take, be sure to include the physical body in it.“ 

@Ismael

It could be lung pain caused by exertion during any of your breathing exercises. 

You might want to check with your doctor. 

Get tests done to rule out physical causes. 

Sometimes psychosomasis also causes such symptoms. It could be that your brain is fixed on experiencing such an event and already anticipating it subconsciously and thus creating a new symptom that should not ideally manifest. 

It's a mind trick. 

This can be a case of hypochondriasis where a person reads something or hears some information and over time begins to suspect that he might be going through it. 

Usually it manifests as something like pain or changes in skin or an unnatural symptom in certain parts of the body. 

This is also observed in placebo effects cases. 

Maybe stop thinking too much about it and it won't bother you. 

Focus on your spiritual practice. 

If there is any real physical symptom that is escalating then please go to the doctor soon. 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

51 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

It could be lung pain caused by exertion during any of your breathing exercises. 

You might want to check with your doctor.

This might very well be it! I'll stop Kriya Yoga until after the doctor gives a green light. Many thanks :)

7 minutes ago, Ismael said:

This might very well be it! I'll stop Kriya Yoga until after the doctor gives a green light. Many thanks :)

You are welcome and take care. :)

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

1 hour ago, Ismael said:

@Eph75 The pain gets accentuated when I bend my thorax downwards. ?

I overthink quite a lot. Especially before posting something. ?

I’ve been practicing being honest and vulnerable lately and purged some old unfinished business by telling people what I felt for/ about them. 
Maybe this is the physical sign of opening the heart.  
I’ve been experiencing some strong backlashes in the past weeks as well. 

Maybe this is a physical symptom of working on self-love and opening up. 

@Visionary I could definitely see that. Ramaji mentioned this in the book as well. 
He says to make sure to work on the breath, body and heart as well. 
„Whatever approach you take, be sure to include the physical body in it.“ 

Godspeed on your path my man. Saw the comment above and it probably has to do with your heart. Most of our conditioning are defense walls against love in one way or the other.