fridjonk

Cacao during intermittent fasting

5 posts in this topic

What do you guys think of drinking cacao in the mornings when my eating window is from 4 PM - 8 PM, and I drink one cup each morning at around 8-10 AM. Does it defeat the purpose of the fast? :P

I do it primarily to feel good, but also to lose a little fat for a more defined body, *I don't care about my weight. 

Edited by fridjonk

Raw cacao has calories so it will technically break your fast. If toward the end of your fast you drank some cacao (preferably with caffeine) and proceeded to do a low to moderate intensity workout that would have a super boosting effect on your metabolism, and by eating a meal high in protein afterward your increased insulin sensitivity will give you a boost in ability to put on lean muscle mass. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

@TrynaBeTurquoise I just love feeling the cacao in my body on an empty stomach in the mornings, so I think I'll stick with it. Do you know if the body absorbs its nutrients any better while fasted? 

@fridjonk Yeah because the whole point of fasting is to stop metabolizing food. So as soon as you eat or drink something (except water) you break the fast. I'm assuming you're doing it for autophagy? 

Yes, definitely breaking the fast. Even tea which is 0 calories technically breaks a fast. So that isn't really intermittent fasting. But do what works for you :)