JonasVE12

Arguments to being high all the time?

62 posts in this topic

I'm thinking about something lately. I used to smoke weed regularly. Especially sativa strains. For me, sativa strains put me in an experience that is much more vivid. I experience things much more deeply. In puts me in connection with my feeling . I'm much more thought dominant for the most part. Sometimes I miss the feeling aspect of this human experience and weed really gives me that. It makes it so I experience friendships and intimate relationships much more intense. Not only relationships, but everything in general.

I also become insanely creative and become very good at contemplating in the moment. I become very good at seeing truth in things. I become very good at connecting things. My focus, motivation, and productivity increases. I become very good at staying in tune with my vision. This helps me to stop procrastinate.

When I'm sober, I'm a peaceful person. I don't suffer from much negativity. I do live in this permanent foggy state though. Not much clarity. I just have this contrast from the experiences with weed I had, and I miss those states. Fun and excitement are high values for me, and I think everyone values them. when I smoke weed I find them in almost all corners of life. everything becomes so vivid and interesting. 

Why would I not want to be high all the time?

What would be the arguments against that?

Life is indeed a dream where you need to live your personal truth, and I can live my values much more when I'm high, Why would I not want to be high all the time?

creativity, clarity, contemplation, fun, excitement and vision are important values for me, and weed greatly enhances them in my life

most arguments I can think of are ideological. Maybe the cost would be an argument. Also possible implications on health? 

A foolish and myopic idea that doesn't even rise to the level of merriting a rebuttal.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@JonasVE12 Very nice lol. My goal is to be high all the time too. We are fucking gods. The high of enlightenment is the greatest high of all imo. We want to be our best, feel our best, and do our best in everything. Whatever gets us there is what gets us there. For me it was enlightenment.

The trap is in seeking the high unconsciouslly. That's how you end up addicted to drugs on the street etc. But me a strategic mother fer going for the high and you will be all good.

Bliss chasing is awesome, it's what i'm doing. Follow your bliss baby.

@Leo Gura It would be more useful if you could explain why that is your judgement. Just saying that it's a foolish idea does not give much insight. 

3 minutes ago, JonasVE12 said:

@Leo Gura It would be more useful if you could explain why that is your judgement. Just saying that it's a foolish idea does not give much insight. 

Yes, well, try it and see what happens.

A fool will only learn the hard way ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

11 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes, well, try it and see what happens.

A fool will only learn the hard way ;)

Can you explain why that is your judgement. At this moment, I think your judgement is based on your own self bias against weed.

if weed came in a capsule form, you would be very quick to make a video about it and being very excited how it greatly enhanches your life, you would even put it on number 1 of your nootropic video. 

Edited by JonasVE12

Because if you stay getting high all the time, thats going to become your baseline and that feeling you are describing is slowing going to fade, then you have the problem of being even lower when you aren't high. 

Just doesn't work that way. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

@TrynaBeTurquoise That's not true. You can be all the high all the time. Or at the very least you will be so smart that when you're not high, and you get pulled out, then you are smart enough to bring yourself back in.

God is the ultimate high.

@Raptorsin7 We're talking about getting high on weed here and the diminishing high weed gives you itself the more often you do it continuously. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

@TrynaBeTurquoise Getting high is getting high. The diminishment has nothing to do with the substance, it's how we're using it.

I'm not saying to get high on weed all the time. I'm saying you can find a way to live life where you are just naturally higher then any subtance will ever get you, because that is your default. If you already feel amazing, what's the point of weed, or any drug?

If weed makes you feel better and you do better on it, then keep doing it. But realize that you can feel better on your own, you are creating your own reality. Weed is just 1 part of the equation

3 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@TrynaBeTurquoise Getting high is getting high. The diminishment has nothing to do with the substance, it's how we're using it.

I'm not saying to get high on weed all the time. I'm saying you can find a way to live life where you are just naturally higher then any subtance will ever get you, because that is your default. If you already feel amazing, what's the point of weed, or any drug?

If weed makes you feel better and you do better on it, then keep doing it. But realize that you can feel better on your own, you are creating your own reality. Weed is just 1 part of the equation

Ok, thats great, but that is what OP is asking dude. You are going off on a tangent. 

@TrynaBeTurquoise If weed makes his life better then i'd say he keep doing it. There's nothing inherently wrong with anything. It's all how we use it. Before i awoke i was smoking weed and doing yoga like every night, in hindsite there was a better way to get the high, but it would be wrong for someone to say what I was doing was wrong because it's part of the causal chain of my awakening.

OP if it feels good then do it.

@JonasVE12

This is my 3rd attempt to write a reply.

First two was 6-paragraphs each, they were too long.

TL;DWrite: Hash/Weed makes my head foggy. It makes me lazy. It makes me okay with sitting on the couch stoned instead of going out there doing something productive. It empties my wallet pretty quickly. I learnt to buy big amounts in the last part of my hash-journey though as it's cheaper per gram.

TL;DR: If you haven't already smoked, I wouldn't reccomend it unless you're a billionare already 100 miles on track with your life purpose and you're looking for a way for instant-gratification and drifting through your life.

Have a nice day. Whatever works for you bro.

1 hour ago, JonasVE12 said:

Why would I not want to be high all the time?

What would be the arguments against that?

Life is indeed a dream where you need to live your personal truth, and I can live my values much more when I'm high, Why would I not want to be high all the time?

Well first of it all it is kinda impossible. You will have to wake up at night and smoke and go back to sleep so you wake up high.

31 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@TrynaBeTurquoise If weed makes his life better then i'd say he keep doing it. There's nothing inherently wrong with anything. It's all how we use it. Before i awoke i was smoking weed and doing yoga like every night, in hindsite there was a better way to get the high, but it would be wrong for someone to say what I was doing was wrong because it's part of the causal chain of my awakening.

OP if it feels good then do it.

Its not about moralizing or saying anything is right or wrong. That was never said anywhere here. OP can do what he wants. There are still wise and unwise ways to live your live. Getting high 24/7 or "all the time" is not wise in my opinion. 

@TrynaBeTurquoise In my opinion the purpose of life is to feel good, be happy, and do your best in whatever you want to do. 

Does weed do all that for you? Are you better on weed or off weed. If you feel better on weed then keep doing it.

Lol claiming what's wise and unwise is moralising. We are making about statements about what people ought to do. We are judging him and giving an opinion. 

@TrynaBeTurquoise You adjust to everything in life. Everything loses it's magic after a while when it becomes routine. When you start excercising, you feel stronger, more healthy, better body, sharper thinking ability, but you get used to it. That doesn't mean that it's not worth it, because you still experience life better compared to when you did not excercise. Weed loses it's magic as well. But that's not the point. personally, I'm still in a heightened state compared to when I'm sober. And when I'm sober, I would indeed feel shittier because I have the contrast to when I'm high. The same with when you stop excercising, you start to feel slower, weight might come on again, and so on, and that feels bad because you remember the difference when you are excercising

@JonasVE12 As long as the big picture is enlightenment and the acknowledgment that eventually you will get off the drugs because your natural state will be soooo fucking good then you're all good. Weed isn't neurotoxic either, it's not like you're doing meth.

1 minute ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@JonasVE12 As long as the big picture is enlightenment and the acknowledgment that eventually you will get off the drugs because your natural state will be soooo fucking good then you're all good. Weed isn't neurotoxic either, it's not like you're doing meth.

I awakened already, and being dis-identified with ego, living with no attachments and knowing Truth doesn't automatically give you the best subjective experience of life. I think you live your best life when you are doing and experiencing things you personally value the most.