Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mongu9719

What criticisms/suggestions do people have about the community/Leo?

8 posts in this topic

As users of this forum and YouTube channel, what do you wish was different about this community and also Leo’s content? What criticisms do you have of both? What has rubbed you the wrong way? Constructive criticism is required for any community to advance, so don’t take this personally. Leo is a human just like us and has flaws, and we should understand that. I just want to get the opinions of users so we can broadly understand what needs to be changed about Leo’s content and the community mindset as a whole so that we can evolve. 

Edited by Mongu9719

1 minute ago, Mongu9719 said:

As users of this forum and YouTube channel, what do you wish was different about this community and also Leo’s content? What criticisms do you have of both? What has rubbed you the wrong way? Constructive criticism is required for any community to advance, so don’t take this personally. Leo is a human just like us and has flaws, and we should understand that. I just want to get the opinions of users so we can broadly understand what needs to be changed about Leo’s content and the community mindset as a whole so that we can evolve. 

Leo will not change his content just because someone does not like it! :D

@purerogue I understand that, but it would still be nice to get some feedback. And you never know, he might read this and actually get something from it. No one is above criticism after all. We all have our flaws.

Edited by Mongu9719

All of Leo's content is basically trying to convey one thing: How to Awaken. So it's not about him, it's about you. You either follow the path to Awaken or you don't. More or better content isn't going to matter. Everything one needs has already been said. 

I’d love to see some more video instructions on how to awaken beyond theory. I have heard him say to take psychadelics to meditate and to do self inquiry  and he has some good instructions on some of those from years ago, however I’d love to see a more updated and laid out path based on his new realizations. After all theory is theory and  practice is practice. 

2 hours ago, Mongu9719 said:

As users of this forum and YouTube channel, what do you wish was different about this community and also Leo’s content?

Sarcasm alert: I hope you're not suggesting that we introspect as a community so that we develop ourselves as a community? End sarcasm.

Don't listen to they naysayers. We only watch the videos and go on the forum for the content,  don't be fooled by anything else. If you want to awaken, do that in your own time. If the content helps you awaken, then that's a bonus.

Personally, the videos are fine as a resource or library. The only way they could be improved is to have closed captioning (subtitling) - but maybe they are already? Also having a searchable text of the scripts for all the videos would be hugely beneficial.

The forum is a different entity, in that it's a community. My main gripe would be that too many threads degenerate into two or three people "thrashing it out" generally without any sort of resolution. And there is a lot of "wise-man stroking beard" type comments (guilty!). Or comments where the words fit together, but the meaning is incomprehensible. But it is what it is, it's probably the better for it. How else do you get a bunch of people at very different stages of development to interact together?

All stories and explanations are false.

@LastThursday Don't listen to they naysayers. We only watch the videos and go on the forum for the content,  don't be fooled by anything else. If you want to awaken, do that in your own time. If the content helps you awaken, then that's a bonus.

Context is just as important as content. Which is why introspection is necessary. Pay attention to the structure because it is what holds everything together. 

How else do you get a bunch of people at very different stages of development to interact together?

Good question. Perhaps you could  sort them by what stage on the spiral. Perhaps before signing up you would make people fill out a questionnaire which would accurately rank them at a certain stage of the spiral and they would have a badge next to them which would indicate which stage of the spiral they are in. Then these individuals would get sorted into their respective forums, and there would be one main forum where members could interact from all stages of the spiral. Perhaps we could even create an AI program to recommend people with similar values on the forum via certain keywords they use in their posts. Perhaps this AI program would move you up the spiral when certain key words start getting mentioned more. This would allow for a community with structure yet would be fluid enough so that multiple people on the spiral could interact.  

1 hour ago, Mongu9719 said:

Context is just as important as content. Which is why introspection is necessary. Pay attention to the structure because it is what holds everything together. 

Fine. But how you choose to interpret the content is your prerogative, everyone has their own "context" they bring with them.

My point is that video and text (in the forum) is pure content - and we are just consuming that content. Consuming content does not awaken you; having more or better quality content, will not awaken you. As you say, it's all the extra-curricular activity which will awaken you (meditation, introspection and so on).

1 hour ago, Mongu9719 said:

How else do you get a bunch of people at very different stages of development to interact together?

Good question. Perhaps you could  sort them by what stage on the spiral.

Maybe I should have said: "interact better together".

I get your sentiment, but categorising people "feels wrong" to me. You will probably end up with some form of tribalism, the oranges versus the greens, and the turquoises who don't care and are above it all. And a questionnaire is certainly an impediment to participation. This forum is niche enough as it is.

At least by having everyone interact together it stops the tribalism and gives new participants access to the wisdom of long standing participants.

But just sometimes it just feels a bit like being on a 10 lane highway, with different people going at very different speeds - and talking about subjects at very many different levels. This is not conducive to raising up the consciousness of everyone.

Saying all that, I don't really have an answer, just chewing the fat.

All stories and explanations are false.