Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Javfly33

What is more effective? Peak experiences of God or regular consciouss practice?

6 posts in this topic

Which is better? Let´s say doing 1 long retreat and a couple of psychdelic trips with strong spiritual set and setting each year

Or ,,

Not doing long retreats or psychedelics but let´s say doing 3 hours a day of meditation and yoga a day with no excuses.

With the second you won´t get to the realms of the first one, you probably haven´t access full Truth as the first one, BUT also you are regularly each day being aligned with Truth (not believing the monkey mind, for example) maybe in a more effective/real way.

Of course the best approach is doing both, but im asking because sometimes i find myself procrastinating the practice because I find myself thinking "well, whatever I do today is not going to get me to the level of consciouss of psychedelics or a retreat of several days, so I might as well do something productive and then I do some serious trip or retreat in the next x months".

I feel I´m self-deluding myself with this approach in a very bad way.

You already see how a duality is being created in thought to ‘sneak around’ practices. Yes, definitely both. And 1 on 1 guidance, and as many healing modalities as you are open minded enough to try. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Ofc it's regular exercises. You won't even reach those peaks with psychedelics if you don't have a well developed consciousness/awareness.

Mahadev

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

You already see how a duality is being created in thought to ‘sneak around’ practices. Yes, definitely both. And 1 on 1 guidance, and as many healing modalities as you are open minded enough to try. 

Why practise when we already are that openess?

@Nadosa Because the brain does not produce intelligence, intuition, feeling, nor love. Another way to point... if you are asking, you can be practicing. A day comes when there is no question, and no practice. Yes, ‘that day’ is now. Is it conceptual, or otherwise, might be a good consideration.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

This is an unnecessary dichotomy created by the mind to keep you away from actual realizations. Just do the practices. That shouldn't even figure in your head. Nowhere is there said you have to do one OR the other. Have a constant daily practice of embodiment and use the tools at your disposal. It's just ridiculous what the mind can conjure (this non-judgemental, for I myself have had similar "conflicts" in my head).