AlphaAbundance

Can you enjoy feeling prideful after enlightenment?

8 posts in this topic

Can you still enjoy feeling accomplished, prideful, superior based off your capabilities or what you've done? I'm afraid of these beliefs falling away and losing this enjoyment? I dont want to lose my pride 

The enjoyment is not in the beliefs, it’s feeling itself. Less thought story, is more great feeling. 

You’re feeling good about yourself, yourself is “itself” the greatest possible feeling. 

A thought about, is just that...a thought. 

Consider a tablet which “enjoys” the “good feeling” (which is wifi). It enjoys “it’s wifi”.

Then one day it realizes the wifi does not “belong to” the tablet...but that the tablet, and all that is, is The Wifi. 

Then, the tablet is swimming in, breathing in, Love. (“Wifi” / ItSelf)

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm That eases my fears but is it true? How can I feel (become the feeling of) pride about myself (my ego) if I dont exist. Wouldnt that feeling (coming from egoic thoughts) seize to appear? :(

5 minutes ago, AlphaAbundance said:

@Nahm That eases my fears but is it true?

Well it’s analogy for what is true, yeah. When you rephrase in alignment with your own feelings...

”That eases my fears but is it true” simply becomes, “that feels Good”.  Truth, is the best feeling “thing” possible. So great feeling, it is unimaginable. Simply listen to your feelings, “follow” that “path”. 

How can I feel (become the feeling of) pride about myself (my ego) if I dont exist. Wouldnt that feeling (coming from egoic thoughts) seize to appear? :(

That’s the beauty of it. It’s up to you. Notice, you are aware of thought, and you are aware of feeling. Clearly, you are already awareness, which is aware of these...transcendent of these, yet, inclusive of these. You can ‘hang on to a thought’, and you can choose a better feeling thought. You’re a creator. You’re creating your experience. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

You sound like your very confused mate, and I've been there it honestly sucks so bad. 

In terms of pride, you can still feel good after achieving something sure, and there may be positive feelings and emotions, however there will be no identification with the work or act, as you know The 'Big' Self is running the show through this human form, The 'Small' self is not the Doer but instead The 'Big' Self is the doer, so you actually have MORE ability and power to achieve your goals as you have the whole universe behind you. 

To me, that's a fair deal. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

If you look at the pride, you might feel that it's actually a form of uncomfortableness. There's an intuition that tells you you can't take credit. Roger Castillo lists pride as one of the five forms of psychological suffering (the other ones being guilt, blame, worries/anxiety, and expectations/attachment to outcomes).

There can be a pleasant feeling about something that Life brought about through you, but if there's an attitude of "I made this happen", that's the very kind of thought we're trying to get rid of because it makes us unhappy.

Yes exactly... feelings still arise but they don't feel personal and they absolutely do not linger here whatsoever like they used to.

So there is nothing here enjoying everything after enlightenment ? and these feelings are deeper and richer than ever.

Edited by VeganAwake

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Its good to know you can still feel good about achieving/doing something without needing to feel prideful. its a relief actually.