Lelouch Lamperouge

Bernie vs Trump

Bernie Sanders vs Donald Trump   92 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you going to vote for in 2020 elections?

• Bernie Sanders
    • Donald Trump

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

27 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Vladz0r said:

If we get Trump, our fate will really be in the hands of capitalism

After watching the debates last night, if we get anyone other than Bernie, this will be our fate.  I like much of what you have illustrated, however, many people have many different ideas on how we get toward our goals and how we would like to see it happen.  In fact, almost all people want the same.  It's how to get there.  This is why it is good that we have many states within a country to implement ideas and see what works and what does not.  We are the United States, not the United Nation.  For instance, Amtrak gets $2 Billion in government subsidies annually and is in the red every year.  Most Americans have never been on Amtrak and are forced to give them Billions to keep it going.  This is no way to run a business.  Also, the education system is collectively in the tank, but many schools do well.  Allowing the individual States to mange their own schools so the nation will observe what works and what is not working.  The Idea that government is the answer to everything has been attempted many times to little achievement. 

7 hours ago, Bodigger said:

After watching the debates last night, if we get anyone other than Bernie, this will be our fate.  I like much of what you have illustrated, however, many people have many different ideas on how we get toward our goals and how we would like to see it happen.  In fact, almost all people want the same.  It's how to get there.  This is why it is good that we have many states within a country to implement ideas and see what works and what does not.  We are the United States, not the United Nation.  For instance, Amtrak gets $2 Billion in government subsidies annually and is in the red every year.  Most Americans have never been on Amtrak and are forced to give them Billions to keep it going.  This is no way to run a business.  Also, the education system is collectively in the tank, but many schools do well.  Allowing the individual States to mange their own schools so the nation will observe what works and what is not working.  The Idea that government is the answer to everything has been attempted many times to little achievement. 

Yeah, the Amtrak thing is pretty ridiculous. I can't remember the video I saw, but their infrastructure is also quite poor and power cuts out often in the winter, and they have to literally stand there and scrape icicles off the underside of the subway-like area during the winter. Our transit system feels like a catch 22 with maintenance and high costs, while not serving the needs of enough people.

What is this? He is kind of in favour of Bernie? He kind of supports him. Given that Bernie is the only one who can beat him, why would he say: go Bernie stay on top?!

I think it is the agreement between isolationists camp. Both Trump and Sanders are the only isolationists. Paul Rand also was isolationist, and if I’m not mistaken he eventually endorsed Trump. 

I suspect that today the more important dichotomy in US politics is not between Dems and Reps, but between isolationists and non-isolationists ‘clubs’.

It’s not that Trump would be happy to lose his seat, but he would be much happier if Sanders wins rather than if anyone else does. Because it would mean that isolationists would continue to rule. So, for Trump - Bernie’s presidency would be fine, but victory of anyone else from non-isolationist camp - is totally unacceptable. Not for Trump per se, but for ‘club’ that is behind him. I don't mean secret society, I mean political club which is something like trend, political and even metaphysical trend where people of same political position are in non-verbal agreement.

Edited by Lelouch Lamperouge

@Vladz0r Someone has been doing their research, fuck me! Well done...have you ever thought of becoming a political commentator lol?  Good to hear from someone who lives in the U.S.  @Lelouch Lamperouge @Bodigger Interesting insights as well!

I just noticed that the pic had some background color issues for me to fix

Edited by SOUL

On 2/23/2020 at 10:24 AM, Lelouch Lamperouge said:
he is supporting Bernie against Democratic Party.

It looks like Trump is starting to listen to the political establishment, rather than is own instincts. In the past, Trump has said Bernie would be his toughest opponent.