tsuki

Joaquin Phoenix - Oscars Acceptance Speech

9 posts in this topic

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

beautiful speech! unfortunately... i think it blows past all these peoples ears, the ones in the audience i mean

Dont look at me! Look inside!

32 minutes ago, Rilles said:

beautiful speech! unfortunately... i think it blows past all these peoples ears, the ones in the audience i mean

I don't know, Leo looked pretty impressed. :D

Glory to Israel

2 minutes ago, Scholar said:

I don't know, Leo looked pretty impressed. :D

Im sure Leo will be thinking deeply about this speech on his million dollar yacht in the South Of France. 

I wouldve been more impressed if Joaquin had said ”So thats why Im donating this Oscar to be used for charity-money” 

1 hour ago, Rilles said:

I wouldve been more impressed if Joaquin had said ”So thats why Im donating this Oscar to be used for charity-money” 

Him preaching those words to the crowd and 30 million people watching worldwide does way more than just donating some money. Bunch of people do that already. Even if it only inspired 10-100 people to take some action, it starts to spread like wildfire. 

1 hour ago, fridjonk said:

Him preaching those words to the crowd and 30 million people watching worldwide does way more than just donating some money. Bunch of people do that already. Even if it only inspired 10-100 people to take some action, it starts to spread like wildfire. 

Absolutely! Apparently you cant even sell/donate your Oscar because of some regulation theyve made, I just thought it would have been a cool message to get across. :)