Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shmurda

Is refusing to pay tax to a corrupt gvmt a corrupt behaviour?

4 posts in this topic

Hello all, 

Question is in the title.

Clearly, if we are to exist in a non-corrupt system that benefits society at large, we ought to pay tax. However, misappropriation of public funds is a massive issue to the extent that we really can't trust some governments to invest in the interests of the system as a whole. Should we continue to support these governments by paying tax?

One response is "we must pay tax to them despite their corruption because without any tax funds, the society cannot exist." True. But, if lower vibrational, egoic energy tends to flow towards centralised power structures (If this is up for debate then I'm eager to hear what you think), then surely by supporting them, we are reinforcing this corrupt behaviour and, as such, providing resources for the manifestation of further corruption. 

Divest from the conceptual. Experience the actual.

Think of it this way, if not paying taxes became widely adopted, your society would devolve into barbarism.

As bad as the corruption might be now, remind yourself how much worse it can be by reading in the history books of how bad things were in the past.

Yes, by not paying taxes (even to a semi-corrupt government) you add to the devilry.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura i live in a country which was the most corruptive country according to Transparency International's ranking for 5 consecutive years in 2000s. Now the situation has improved a bit but not enough to call it even a semi corrupt country.

If a country continues to perform like this on the corruption index, people starts to loose faith in the government. The sentiment like "what is the point of giving tax if it will most likely end up in a corrupt person's pocket?" takes root in people's mind. They think it is better to save that money for themselves rather than giving it as tax.

I know this is not a good way of thinking but this is the reality. The government needs to build trust among people that their money won't get wasted and those will be spent for the purpose of development/social welfare. 

Its called stupid. You get tossed in jail for not paying 1) taxes 2) child support. I watched American history X. I would recommend seeking out a better hobby. I am pro libertarian. I want smaller government. There's far too much corruption in government. I still pay my taxes. A wise man was discussing why people follow the laws. He argued its due to violence. You must follow rules otherwise, violence.