LfcCharlie4

Investing for Long Term Wealth / Complete Financial Freedom

10 posts in this topic

Hey, not sure if there are many people in here who are active investors, but thought it was worth a post anyway! 

I'm only 20 and quite new to investing, my goals are to create long term financial freedom and generate long term wealth through investing. (I already have a business, hence looking to invest) 

However, I don't really want to just invest in the S&P 500 or FTSE 100 as a lot of those companies are quite shitty, and not things I support. However, things like Vanguard LifeStrategy funds are extremely convenient annoyingly!

I was wondering how you guys are investing to build long term wealth and grow your money, I'm lucky to be quite young and want to start taking advantage of Compound interest. I currently reinvest most of my excess money back into my business, but feel this year I will start to diversify where I invest my money. 

Was wondering if anyone here has experience with Stock Market Investing, Real Estate Investing, Crypto, REITs, any Funds you recommend, ways to invest into new businesses start-ups etc, or any other form of investing you do (alternative methods such as eToro, Trading, Marijuana Stocks etc are always welcome) 

Thought it would be good to start a negotiation on this, easy to neglect finances and business when you get into Enlightenment work and awakening, and while money will never make you happy, you certainly need it in today's society. 

Also, not looking for political debates or economic model debates. Everyone knows there are clear flaws with capitalism, however, I'm more looking for a way to invest in businesses that are helping humanity, and ways to of course build wealth through investing. 

As a little background, I got into the F.I.R.E movement a couple years ago (while I was at school lol) so know some basic terms such as Index Funds, Mutual Funds, and a little about Passive investing, active investing, but don't have great knowledge. 

Very little knowledge on real estate, know a few people who have small rental property businesses, was also thinking Holiday homes could be a great investment with the growth of sites like Air BnB and how you can earn far more in terms of 'rent.' 

Looking to learn and understand from current investors!

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

4 hours ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

Was wondering if anyone here has experience with Stock Market Investing, Real Estate Investing, Crypto, REITs, any Funds you recommend, ways to invest into new businesses start-ups etc, or any other form of investing you do (alternative methods such as eToro, Trading, Marijuana Stocks etc are always welcome) 

Solid post man. I do mutual funds, small & large cap, realestate, crypto, and start ups. Also worth mentioning, perhaps my best investment is the house I live in. Being transparent, that’s due to some location & timing research, but I’ve more or less utilized every house I’ve ever lived in in my investment picture. Rolling one into another, or pulling from one (renting it out / selling it) to fund something else. Looking into building an airbnb. In the right area, they stand to make 2-5x what a rental house nets. I see the MF’ s and rental houses as more conservative and predictable, and the crypto & start ups as more volatile “bets” on higher returns. In my perspective, the start up “bets” are on the person, and the company, but more so, the person. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm in terms of mutual funds, do you hire a fund manager or manage your own portfolio?  

and I agree, rental property seems like the safest bet, but I mean I’m 20 and can take risks so Air BnBs (if you can find a good manager and systemise it) makes a lot of sense atm, like random example but I’m going on holiday to Croatia with my Gfs family and it’s a 3 bed Villa renting for 2k+ a week, I’m not sure it would cost much more than 500k as then sort of places are ridiculously cheap.

if you don’t mind me asking what’s your goals with your investing? I know you have a family so is it just to be able to live and retire comfortably? 

Im just gonna be honest and mine is to have complete financial freedom and abundance which requires a 7 figure sum really, especially since the 4% rule (withdrawal rate) probably wouldn’t even work for me as I’m so young, but I wouldn’t retire anyways as I loveeeee business and work. 

house hacking (what you’ve done) is defo something I want to look into, Graham Stephen on YouTube is big in this, defo something I’ll look into when I get on the property ladder.

Defo would love to chat more aboht this and other stuff via PM. 

@Raptorsin7 will check it in the morning man, and yes @Sombra please message, are you the secret millionaire on here ?

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@LfcCharlie4

Ya, I agree. Airbnb is lookin good. After the mort, taxes, ins, people are making out pretty well on them. Especially now that the fee’s & cleaning cost are passed onto the customer. I was surprised that happened and stuck. 

11 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

do you hire a fund manager or manage your own portfolio?  

I do my own. I got the licenses around ten years ago. Not that’d I recommend doing that. Easier to meet with a broker. 

12 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

what’s your goals with your investing?

I think in short & long term, low & higher risk, now & later incomes, but I don’t have a goal really. ‘Live & retire comfortably’, yeah, pretty much. 

16 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

house hacking (what you’ve done) is defo something I want to look into, Graham Stephen on YouTube is big in this, defo something I’ll look into when I get on the property ladder.

Sweet. I found Zillow online to be most useful (not sure if you have that there). Scanning large areas, looking for the sweet spot between house price, taxes, and how much they rent for. I found one ‘pocket’ of zip codes that resulted in almost twice the net as everywhere else. Been a few years and it’s working out great. Biggest obstacle has been reliable maintenance workers, but they basically weed themselves out over time, so it’s gets progressively easier. 

22 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

Defo would love to chat more aboht this and other stuff via PM. 

Anytime. ?? 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I am only invested into crypto currency right now. I do that and focus on my business primarily. Not sure how the housing market is where you live, but on the west coast here prices are quite up there. I personally if I had opportunity I would probably hold off on real estate currently, but I am also no expert on it. It is something that I do want to learn more about though moving into the future. 

I should note that I am not actively adding money into cryptocurrency right now. I think there was better deals to be had last year with it and with how volatile the market can be it is not like you will not ever see low prices again. You will have to decide what is best for your strategy though as I have no clue what time of time frame and money you have to use on it. 

I am long term on cryptocurrency. I see a lot of potential with platforms that you can build stuff on in particular. I would say the lower the market cap, then more risk/return you have on any given coin. The lower you start to go though it becomes more risky. But there is some really cool stuff that is not super popular. There really is not much value in coins that look to replace solely payment processors in my opinion. Look at the largest players in those fields currently and you will see that there is just not that much value in it. It is a nice perk that coins move efficient, but most run off of a larger platform or can be upgraded, so I would not look into that as a selling point for any of them. 

I definitely don't think the last run will be the end of big numbers for the coins. But there was really a lot of false factors causing prices to get that high. Also, the bottleneck on the available amount of exchanges etc. I think if someone were to dig deep enough they would find some coins that will be as big as Amazon and other big giants in the coming years, but it will be awhile for sure. The coins seem to have similar cycles in terms of price fluctuation too if you look back over the years if you are looking for short to mid terms gains. 

I think one of the most important investment vehicles you can have is your business really. But having some assets in various places is always a good way to do things. Really focus in on the areas that you want to invest your money and learn as much about them as you can.

@Sombra That's why i mentioned you lmao. Some people just have a mark of greatness/quality. You got it in bunches. :D

@Average Investor Yeah my main focus is my businesses, however, I definitely want to look elsewhere and diversify. What kind of coins do you invest in, smaller coins or do you hold BitCoin? My only knowledge of Crypto was when BitConnect was around looool, and people were thinking they were going to become millionaires in 6 months of a 1k investment, it was ridiculous, but I defo agree with businesses, it should always be your primary investment I believe! 

@Nahm Thank you man, in terms of Stocks here in he UK we have Vanguard life strategy funds, which is something simple I might look into as we get a 'ISA' which allows us to invest 20k a year tax-free and it's always rising, especially under our Conservative (Republican) government lol, guess not progressing to stage green has some benefits! 

@Sombra Bro that was insanely helpful thank you so much!

I'll explain my current situation, I have multiple online businesses currently, and as I said I am reinvesting heavily back into these and probably will most of this year, I know some people in this industry making $1m/ year, however, these are established figures in the space, me and my mate have a 50/50 split in this particular industry and have a 3-year contract with our coach and hope to scale to 50k/ Month within these 3 years and then may look to sell or just use it as cash flow, hence why I'm getting started early looking at other investments. 

I've also got my own Online Business, and work with friends and family on profit-sharing deals, so I'm really hoping to blow up my income this year, so yeah my first investments will always be my businesses as that's where you'll always see the biggest ROIs imo. 

However, as the year goes on I want to start looking into stocks, especially through my ISA as I mentioned, I also know a couple traders and may look into eToro with a % of my investment budget. 

Real Estate is certainly a long term goal of mine and many I speak to in my industry, UK market is very inflated atm, but as you said Rental Properties are an amazing relationship and I know a UK property investor who could really help me out, have you ever looked into Air BnB/ Holiday Home Investing, as there's a 6-month window usually you can rent properties for like $1k/ week, and of course these properties are ridiculously cheap compared to UK/US. 

I'd love to talk more about your business via PM as I get you won't want to speak about it publicly.

I'm also quite lucky that I live with my parents, so expenses are quite minimal and in terms of outgoings it's just luxuries and running a car basically, so can definitely live frugally. 

Agree with the last part, that's why I didn't follow the typical university-office Job path, and pursued online business, freedom to me is the most important thing, having a 9-5 job you despise seems like hell. 

Oh, and lastly, in terms of skills the main transferable ones I have from my current business is Copywriting and Running Ads, are their particular skills you'd recommend? I love Copywriting and Running Ads, and most other parts of my business I've outsourced, or am actively looking to.

@LfcCharlie4 I have been around Bitcoin since 2013-2014. Always has been rather fascinating to me. Wish I had more money in it then of course, but I can't complain. 

I have a variety of coins. I took a gamble on some small ones that did not really pan out too. One of my favorites mid cap ones is BAT through Brave browser, but to be fair I could see the coin not really mattering all that much. It is just the community coin for this specific browser. The coin can be earned by watching ads though if someone wanted to. But the coin does not particularly offer something special itself, but the platform it is tied to does.  The browser is awesome. The coin does retain value in the fact that people would buy it to put the ads out though too. Read their white paper and see what I mean. 

I like Bitcoin as a hedge against USD and to have assets that are valued globally. I think it is a good piece of any profile. Having the longest history and being extremely secure. Not to mention how it rolls out updates makes it much less prone to risk. A small update could be the end of a coin if something bad happens. There was a fatal mistake that almost went through a bitcoin cash update that you could look into to see what I mean. 

While I had invested prior to the bull run I had bought a bit early on into that and early on into it. It is something that you need to go though as an investor in my opinion. You have to reach a level where emotions and greed are not running your investment strategy. 

I have always been a big believer in having your own private key. But it comes at a great responsibility and you have to learn how to properly store it. Learning how to make your own paper wallet or buying a hardware wallet is what you would want. And paper wallet will require some more hoops. There is a trade off though. It also depends on how you plan on using the coins as well. If I were trading them regularly, then I would use Robinhood. But DO NOT stick high amounts of money onto platforms that could be a big risk. I had just seen a guy in one of my groups lost $36,000 worth of ripple due to having it on an exchange.