hikmatshiraliyev

Sitting motionless during meditation

5 posts in this topic

I do 60 minutes concentration practice every single day, but i can not stay motionless during meditation. I blink, move a little bit, swallow, sometimes even krack my fingers. These are very tempting feelings that i feel in my body when i try to sit still. What are your advices? 

@hikmatshiraliyev These should not bother you. It's a part of the practice to not get annoyed by these micro distractions. Except if you are just in pure anxiety all over the place, but if you are calm, relaxed, feeling an itch or a upcoming cough is not that bad. Don't get caught up where you think that you shouldn't even move in meditation. Moving is normal when you are not in very very deep meditation. I often scratch an itch every time from now and then, but I try to let go of the scratch at all, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Mahadev

Concentration is the opposite of meditation. Mediation is a let go, a surrender.

Both are good practices but you should also practice both not just one or the other.

Movements, sleeping and similar things are natural reactions of the ego trying to find its way to escape the uncomfortableness, the unknown.

It will try its hardest to get your attention, it will even send you the flies and mosquito's ;)

Do not judge it, do not try mute or pay any attention to it.

Let it be, enjoy your inner-stillness.

B R E A T H E

7 hours ago, hikmatshiraliyev said:

I do 60 minutes concentration practice every single day, but i can not stay motionless during meditation. I blink, move a little bit, swallow, sometimes even krack my fingers. These are very tempting feelings that i feel in my body when i try to sit still. What are your advices? 

When you’re laying down at night about to fall asleep, notice there’s a point where mind is still active, but body is going to sleep. Also notice in this phase, the mind sends a signal to the body, to check and see if it is asleep, prior to the mind going to sleep. Typically, this is experienced as an itch somewhere on the body. 

If you scratch the itch, the mind sort of says “oh, we’re still awake doin stuff”, and you stay awake longer. 

If you don’t scratch the itch, that is, if you don’t move...you will fall asleep. 

When you notice this, then also notice the opening & closing of the eyes, and the clearing of the throat, will not keep you awake like moving to scratch the itch will. 

In meditation, same thing. When the impulse to move around, or crack your fingers arises, relax, and don’t do it. Just as with going to sleep at night....in meditation, the mind’s signal of “move the body (crack fingers)“  is not answered with movement. So the mind allows the body to fall asleep. 

Keep attentive in meditation, through this “mind requesting the body move”....and not moving the body, phase. In meditation, the body will then basically, fall asleep. Then you’re into the much much deeper meditation, and have moved beyond reactionary thinking, becoming more conscious, more on purpose, into creating. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE