jimwell

Winging it 24/7: Your will or the Universe's will?

10 posts in this topic

I think what Eckhart is talking here is similar to Stoicism, Laotzu-ism, and Leo's "winging it 24/7". But it's very confusing.

Is it really possible to implement?

Why make a distinction between the Universe's plan and the ego's plan? Why not creation by the ego as the Universe's way of creation? After all, the Universe created the ego.

Are there any real-life examples of "winging it 24/7"? Did Bill Gates create Microsoft by the Universe's will or his ego's will? It was probably through his ego's will. But why is Microsoft very successful and impactful? Isn't that an evidence that the Universe created Microsoft through Bill's ego?

@jimwell  Doesn't this line of thinking sound appealing "forget the ego and merge with reality as it is".... oohhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhh oooooooooo 

LMFAO.. 

Life is like a perfect circle and people like Eckhart say this point on the perfect circle is the best... This part of the arc is the best part.. Be like this part.. The part that has removed all obstacles... Oh wow Eckhart, amazing insight...  We have a perfect circle that represents all the aspects of life and you have deemed the best part is the part that appeals directly to your ego.. the ego wants to be free of all the things he describes not the true self... The true self is all things none better or worse and is simply going through the motions, there is no sense of urgency from a position of right and wrong or good and bad. there is only the dance for the sake of the dance... do i want to move forward sure, but not from the position these "types" of people are offering... 

This idea that the best thing to do or that anyone should be doing is held within one aspect or reflection of life is an age old quandary.  People want definitive answers, they want a linear path, they want certainty so they develop methods of logic and reason that deliver it... 

"A guitar player is on a street corner just playing"..   oh.. the guitar that was designed and manufactured.. the wood that was harvested, milled, trucked.. the trucks that were designed and built, the diesel that was refined.. the guitar player's clothes that were designed manufactured, shipped, stocked, sold.. oh the streets that were laid out, machines built to pave, cities that governed, oh the evolution through trial and error to become capable to play and appreciate...  i could go on for days... but none of that matters when we get to break life off into these nice tiny little isolated packets... there was a guitar player on a street corner JUST playing and magic happened... love it... why.. cause it is absolutely true until it isn't..

Teachings like this are a step up from one thing and a step down from another... It serves our modern masses, why he is so popular... gives them a step up perspective...

disclaimer.. right and wrong don't exist in the big picture.. good and bad don't exist in the big picture... all is truth from the place it is rooted...  what I am saying is BS and truth at the same time.. if you are in a certain place what I am saying makes sense, if your in another what I am saying is complete rubbish.. this isn't about right or wrong... 

He speaks deep wisdom and so does a babbling 10 year old child to one who is 6 years old...   Is there something wrong about being 10 or 6, no... is the 10 year old not wise, no...   If anyone has reactions to these statements it is rooted in position of perception.. It is all truth, not the Truth but some form of truth... I acknowledge my own incredible limitations to Truth, IDK.. but if I think I am hearing some overly simplified language about merging with unity from a guy who lives a modern isolated life with a big fat bank account and publishing books promoting "unity" through division I am going to say something..  (yes, i know about his park bench days).. 

Love isn't all rainbow and butterflies.. I respect him and the contribution he is making and attempting but it doesn't mean that he has it dialed in and that there isn't more beyond his interpretation.. peace out.. 

1 hour ago, jimwell said:

Is it really possible to implement?

It's not possible to implement because it naturally arises once ego has dissolved completely or almost completely.

1 hour ago, jimwell said:

Are there any real-life examples of "winging it 24/7"? Did Bill Gates create Microsoft by the Universe's will or his ego's will? It was probably through his ego's will. But why is Microsoft very successful and impactful? Isn't that an evidence that the Universe created Microsoft through Bill's ego?

Whether you believe Jesus existed or not the story of when Jesus had his vision on the mountain is trying to point to that, from that point and forward he knew god's or the universe's will was.

I feel like there was a point in my life when I tried this "winging it 24/7" technique.  I don't know if it's what you're talking about, but from my perspective I was just following my intuition.  Like, every moment I would just do what felt most right.  I don't know if it was the "universe" or me.  All I know is that it was pretty difficult since the fear was real.  It was like I was just completely facing all my fears all the time (mostly social fears).  Like I was breaking boundaries of my personality and comfort zones.  

I dunno though, I think I over-did it and crashed.  But I think I remember having some serendipidous moments.  Might've just been a mind-trick.

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

@RevoCulture You mean you basically disagree with Eckhart? Do you have insights about the topic which are deeper than his? And what are your answers to the questions in the original post?

12 hours ago, jimwell said:

@RevoCulture You mean you basically disagree with Eckhart? Do you have insights about the topic which are deeper than his? And what are your answers to the questions in the original post?

@jimwell   I am at this funny stage where I don't really disagree with people form the place where something is right and the other is wrong.  The idea that anything is right or wrong doesnt make sense from a "higher" perspective.  Its like anything we can think of does exist and is correct from the place it is being proposed.  Then again it is "wrong" from a place that is opposite.  

What I am saying is, in my world at present... nothing is wrong or right and everything is wrong and right...   my ego identity my position within my evolution makes judgement about what is wrong and right for my continued movement in the evolving spiral.  But.. My deeper, truer, sense of self that is free of my ego and body doesn't hold these right / wrong perspectives...   So I am living in different places simultaneously... might sound weird..  or you might get it..   if it sounds weird that is ok.. keep it in mind though as you go through your journey... when they talk about dual and nondual.. this is part of that story..

"Is it really possible to implement?  "

Anybody can live on the whim of their intuition and attempt to channel the universe... what that produces, I guess, is a separate issue..  You run scenarios in your mind, what if everyone on the planet in this moment stopped living my our agreements to one another, our plan... What if everyone on the planet decided to only do what their intuition told them to do?   Maybe people's intuition is to have some structure in their life in order to develop systems that assist our evolution... 

"Why make a distinction between the Universe's plan and the ego's plan? Why not creation by the ego as the Universe's way of creation? After all, the Universe created the ego."

Technically the ego's plan is part of the universe's plan.. First a person has to believe that the design of reality is wrong and that it needs to be fixed.  You will see the majority of the forum believe's that something needs to be fixed, they basically believe the design of reality is wrong.  What they don't understand is that they simply don't understand the design and that nothing is wrong, they simply don't see the truth. 

"Are there any real-life examples of "winging it 24/7"? Did Bill Gates create Microsoft by the Universe's will or his ego's will? It was probably through his ego's will. But why is Microsoft very successful and impactful? Isn't that an evidence that the Universe created Microsoft through Bill's ego?"

Again maybe all things exist (if you see any of my posts, I am a big proponent of all things exist at all moments; i no longer am in the dominant "this or that" mode).. And the Universe is winging it within the structure of reality... It is both at the same time.. Bill Gates was structured and following his ego but he was also winging it and feeling the inspiration of creation and the universe...   

This damn mentality of "this or that" people are constantly pushing all the time... people want to know, be the holder of absolute reason.. either it is free will or predetermined...   (I am also seeking knowledge, to be in the know, but it is a position of certainty within uncertainty that is certain, sorry for the riddles it is how it is though.. can't do anything about that at the moment, i need to grow more and maybe it will become clearer.)

Hope this is food for thought... again any talk with me isn't about right or wrong, or absolutes.. we are just kicking around ideas.. I offer my thoughts for pondering not resolution.. be well.  

@jimwell i feel like complete relaxation 24/7 of all "serious" desire or movement, while practising consciousness work, works best. I just don't think about anything. Effortlessnes is something that can chosen in my opinion.

And if done powerfully, this relaxation will actually work for you. By waiting to move in life in complete surrender to the great spirit and when it chooses to place you it's the best possibility. Your vibration will lead you ya know

Edited by Aaron p

On 1/18/2020 at 8:58 AM, RevoCulture said:

@jimwell   I am at this funny stage where I don't really disagree with people form the place where something is right and the other is wrong.  The idea that anything is right or wrong doesnt make sense from a "higher" perspective.  Its like anything we can think of does exist and is correct from the place it is being proposed.  Then again it is "wrong" from a place that is opposite.  

What I am saying is, in my world at present... nothing is wrong or right and everything is wrong and right...   my ego identity my position within my evolution makes judgement about what is wrong and right for my continued movement in the evolving spiral.  But.. My deeper, truer, sense of self that is free of my ego and body doesn't hold these right / wrong perspectives...   So I am living in different places simultaneously... might sound weird..  or you might get it..   if it sounds weird that is ok.. keep it in mind though as you go through your journey... when they talk about dual and nondual.. this is part of that story..

"Is it really possible to implement?  "

Anybody can live on the whim of their intuition and attempt to channel the universe... what that produces, I guess, is a separate issue..  You run scenarios in your mind, what if everyone on the planet in this moment stopped living my our agreements to one another, our plan... What if everyone on the planet decided to only do what their intuition told them to do?   Maybe people's intuition is to have some structure in their life in order to develop systems that assist our evolution... 

"Why make a distinction between the Universe's plan and the ego's plan? Why not creation by the ego as the Universe's way of creation? After all, the Universe created the ego."

Technically the ego's plan is part of the universe's plan.. First a person has to believe that the design of reality is wrong and that it needs to be fixed.  You will see the majority of the forum believe's that something needs to be fixed, they basically believe the design of reality is wrong.  What they don't understand is that they simply don't understand the design and that nothing is wrong, they simply don't see the truth. 

"Are there any real-life examples of "winging it 24/7"? Did Bill Gates create Microsoft by the Universe's will or his ego's will? It was probably through his ego's will. But why is Microsoft very successful and impactful? Isn't that an evidence that the Universe created Microsoft through Bill's ego?"

Again maybe all things exist (if you see any of my posts, I am a big proponent of all things exist at all moments; i no longer am in the dominant "this or that" mode).. And the Universe is winging it within the structure of reality... It is both at the same time.. Bill Gates was structured and following his ego but he was also winging it and feeling the inspiration of creation and the universe...   

This damn mentality of "this or that" people are constantly pushing all the time... people want to know, be the holder of absolute reason.. either it is free will or predetermined...   (I am also seeking knowledge, to be in the know, but it is a position of certainty within uncertainty that is certain, sorry for the riddles it is how it is though.. can't do anything about that at the moment, i need to grow more and maybe it will become clearer.)

Hope this is food for thought... again any talk with me isn't about right or wrong, or absolutes.. we are just kicking around ideas.. I offer my thoughts for pondering not resolution.. be well.  

Yes. You and I need to grow more and things will probably become clearer. But remember, the goal is to simplify things, not complicate. Being simple and direct is high-level beauty.

On 1/17/2020 at 3:44 PM, Matt23 said:

I feel like there was a point in my life when I tried this "winging it 24/7" technique.  I don't know if it's what you're talking about, but from my perspective I was just following my intuition.  Like, every moment I would just do what felt most right.  I don't know if it was the "universe" or me.  All I know is that it was pretty difficult since the fear was real.  It was like I was just completely facing all my fears all the time (mostly social fears).  Like I was breaking boundaries of my personality and comfort zones.  

I dunno though, I think I over-did it and crashed.  But I think I remember having some serendipidous moments.  Might've just been a mind-trick.

So it was unsustainable. How long did you do this technique? Will you do it again in the future?

@jimwell Ok.. (That word, ok, is very direct and simple.. and all is contained but it doesn't do much to connect with you..)

I could say IT is...   I could say that to every person on the forum about every post, but is that direct simple beauty serving anyone?  I think it would serve my ego, thinking I'm so enlightened that all i have to say is "It is".  Those to words encapsulate every post but is it really beauty?   Yes and no.  It is beautiful in that it contains all but it doesn't do much to connect and offer something to others...

Clarity comes in many forms, beauty comes in many forms..