Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Spiral Wizard

How to be more tolerant/compassionate/gentle ?

5 posts in this topic

& How to deal with Low Consciousness or being triggered/frustrated by dense egos?

Edited by Spiral Wizard

"The journey never ends, the point of arrival is always now." 

It is simple: Accept Low Consciousness. That means stopping to call it Low Consciousness. That means to stop judging it.

That means to see the Divinity and Absolute Necessity of all that Is. There is no such thing as low or high consciousness unless you imagine it.

How to deal with Low Consciousness requires there to be Low Consciousness. If you want to deal with Low Consciousness, you shall forever deal with Low Consciousness.

You are dealing with Low Consciousness because you desire to deal with Low Consciousness. You desire to struggle, otherwise you would not be struggling.

Glory to Israel

2 hours ago, Spiral Wizard said:

& How to deal with Low Consciousness or being triggered/frustrated by dense egos?

In terms of SD, evolve from Tier 1 to Tier 2. . . 

The mind likes to create separation of a "me" and "them". That "I" am at a "higher" conscious state than "you".

One way to help dissolve the "me" and "you" separation. . . I imagine back when you were at a "lower" conscious level. A time in which you were struggling within this lower conscious level, Perhaps you beat yourself up with self criticism. Perhaps there were times when you lashed out at others. Now imagine your current higher conscious self visiting that lower conscious self that is struggling and suffering. Would you approach your previous lower conscious self with annoyance and frustration? Or would you approach your previous lower conscious self with love and compassion? For me, it is a short putt. I can easily imagine my previous lower conscious self that was struggling and suffering. I feel empathy, compassion and love for him. 

When I see other "low conscious" people, I usually don't get triggered. They are a reflection of me. I know what they are going through. Yet that doesn't mean I need to engage. I would consider a couple of my co-workers to be "low conscious" that want to instigate conflict. I understand their inner turmoil that they are hiding, because I've had that inner turmoil. All the fears, insecurities, not being good enough, needing to be right, needing to be better, needing approval, being sarcastic, being a jackass. I know what that is like and I can be gentle - for short periods of time. I would not date such a person and I would not go on a camping trip with such a person. That is too much. 

As well, each low conscious person is perfect how they are. Imagine a low conscious person in your life. .  . If we were to make a movie of your life, who better to play that low conscious character than themself. They are perfect for the role!

Use the work. Think of a situation where you felt triggered by someone. Write down your beliefs and judgements about them. 

For example:

He is unconscious 

People should be more conscious

etc. Then ask 4 questions: Is that true? Can I absolutely know its true? How do I react to this thought? Who am I without this thought? Give yourself time for every question and answer the first 2 only with yes or no. Then turn the thought around, aka:

He is unconscious -> I am unconscious (find reasons for why this might be true)

People should be more conscious -> I should be more conscious. 

This is a meditation called "The Work" by Byron Katie. It helps you get in touch with reality. "Unconscious" is a projection of you, in reality there is no such thing. Do this process with all your judgments. Read "Loving what is" if u want to know more.