renegade_bee

Where Do You Even Buy Healthy Food?

7 posts in this topic

I've been vegan for a month now and it's going great. The next step for me is eliminating transfats and high fructose corn syrup from my diet. Problem is that this is in almost everything! Even almondmilk has this, and so much other stuff as well. I don't know any replacements, so where does everyone on this forum buy his food?

@DrMatthewsausage I buy my organics at a local farmer's market, health-food store, Publix carries now a wide variety of organic produce/ eggs/ meats, and even Walmart. I also make my own nut milk from raw coconuts and almonds, bake kale, potato, banana, etc. chips, ferment, and preserve using home-made recipes. YT has good video manuals on how to do all of this. 

@Natasha problem is I think I really don't have time to make my own milk; how long does it take on average for you? And do you know some youtube channels you were talking about?

Mom's Grocery store is really good and shockingly cheap. Mostly organic, free coffee and samples!

I order my superfoods and organic produce online tbh, its hard to find quality products around sometimes depending on where you live.

Online has never failed me finding what i wanted and getting it sent to your doorstep.

On 12/06/2016 at 3:17 AM, renegade_bee said:

@Natasha problem is I think I really don't have time to make my own milk; how long does it take on average for you? And do you know some youtube channels you were talking about?

Have you tried hemp seeds and hemp milk? Its IMO by far the healthiest milk on the planet and if your hemp seeds are hulled/shelled there is no soaking/straining necessary, Just throw in hemp seeds and water and maybe a natural sweeter if you prefer.

Hope this helps

B R E A T H E