DreamScape

Bread.

5 posts in this topic

Leo has mentioned previously that Bread is detrimental to the body and energy levels. Could anyone explain why? Also, any good substitutes? I usually use it with peanut butter, and to make egg sandwiches. 

Genesis 27:27-29

You could google why bread isn't good. But I'll list a few reasons, it's very dry and as such dehydrating, it's highly processed which can cause health problems in the long run, grains are not an ideal human food as they are difficult do digest, I think Leo mentions bread is bad because he doesn't do many carbs so, that makes sense from that perspective. Gluten has been shown to increase risk of autoimmune diseases, non organic wheat has glyphosate. Some health camps say sourdough is your best bet, and that's because the fermentation helps break down the grain making it easier for your body to digest. 

Personally, I don't eat it for the gluten reason, and the dry reason. But I sometimes have it and don't freak out about it, but overall I steer clear. 

"You Create Magic" 

Because it´s a shitty carb. It´s very low nutrient dense , and high glucose spiking. It usually part of a bad diet of binging into sugars and carbs constantly (due to the glucose spiking, and not being never full due to be so low nutrient dense).

Basically i wouldn´t say is bad per se, it´s more of an indicator that if you have it your diet, your diet is shit.

If all else is in balance, bread is fine in moderation.. but not in this country (US). Our seed and the way we produce it is the reason why so many are gluten intolerant. It's best to cut it out of your diet completely for a few months and see how you feel. 

Wheat is the #1 cause of autoimmune disorders in the world. Humans have been around 200k+ years and only eaten wheat over the last ~10K years. We’re not designed to effectively digest it. Especially not the wheat products of today that have been selectively bred to have harder exterior shells and abundant with GMOs. 

Best to avoid. 

The game of survival cannot be won.