PlayOnWords

What To Do In A Trip

25 posts in this topic

@PlayOnWords Godspeed man. Imo, keeping the thoughts of yesterday going keeps the full breadth of feeling at bay. To be here now, be here now. Notice every arising thought, now. Consider the analogy of trains (thoughts) leaving the station (the here now). Notice, it seems as if you “got on a train” (got sucked into a thought)...over & over, notice, you are still here now. You are not moving or going anywhere. Rather than bypass, this actually brings up what stands to be ‘purged’, and as such, understandings, insights, and clarity arise, releasing you of the thought cycles of the past via Understanding. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@ElvisN No, I believe writing would be too distracting and slow for a trip (haven't tested it, though).

As soon as I had started feeling the ego-mind dissolving, my usual mode of operating having less grip on reality, I started contemplating reality. At some point I had thrown jokingly, "Hey God, maybe you can give me a helping hand on this one." and the thought "Yes, of course." appeared immediately. From there it was more of a conversation than a contemplation. I didn't get all the answers, sometimes the response was "you will see", "that's not important" or "maybe, it's yours to choose" and it was harder to sustain the conversation when effects of psychedelic began to fade.

It wasn't an extraordinary experience, just talking in thoughts, but with a slightly different vibe.

Or, if you wanna have a good ol' cry about past hurt and caress your inner wounds, there's nothing like listening to Arvo Pärt's Spiegel im Spiegel (preferably during the late stage of your trip):

On 4.1.2020 at 2:42 PM, Bazooka Jesus said:

@Girzo  Interesting, you got some favorite tracks that you wanna share?

Stanley Kubrik used Ligeti's music most famously in 2001: A Space Odyssey; it used to sound cacophonic and creepy as FUCK to my ears when I first encountered it, but these days I think that some of his earlier works are among the most beautifully composed pieces of music of the 20st century (especially Lux Aeterna, which really conveys the notion of an eternally unborn and undying source of light that pervades all things in existence).

Man, I could shower you with recommendations when it comes to classical music, but most of what I really love is rather "heavy" late romantic / early modern stuff (think Richard Wagner, Claude Debussy, Igor Stravinsky and the likes), and not all of it is truly compatible with LSD, lol! (When it comes to Richard Wagner though, I often wonder if that guy had some kind of a special Psilocybin pump sitting inside his brain that he could just tap whenever he sat down to compose... fucking amazing.)

Thank you. This really connects me to Beauty. :x

On 12.1.2020 at 4:18 PM, Nahm said:

@PlayOnWords Godspeed man. Imo, keeping the thoughts of yesterday going keeps the full breadth of feeling at bay. To be here now, be here now. Notice every arising thought, now. Consider the analogy of trains (thoughts) leaving the station (the here now). Notice, it seems as if you “got on a train” (got sucked into a thought)...over & over, notice, you are still here now. You are not moving or going anywhere. Rather than bypass, this actually brings up what stands to be ‘purged’, and as such, understandings, insights, and clarity arise, releasing you of the thought cycles of the past via Understanding. 

Wisdom :x

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

This is coming from both personal experience and study of trip reports, so what more do you want? 

When the trip gets too intense you'll have literally no control over it. You can't move so there is no physical risk involved at that point, the only risk is that if you smoked it the effect will be too short, so your bad trip will leave you in a state of psychosis/PTSD for 1-2 weeks approximately. This is why lsd and plugged 5-meo-dmt are better (they last longer, so the bad trip will lead to a nirvana state). The problem with these ROA is that the come-up is slower, so if you're already in a depressive state you risk committing suicide to end the pain of the bad trip (before it's too overwhelming to be able to commit it). 

So the best advice is to take high doses (not smoked) and lock yourself with a lock with timer and handcuffs to something solid.

Anyway it's always better to get a taste of "the dak side/bad trip" with small doses when starting this psychedelic game. The best and safest way to do it is taking a microdose of either LSD, mushrooms or iboga and smoke a microdose of cannabis (together).

Sources: https://www.reddit.com/r/speedruntonirvana/wiki/phase3

Edited by Arzack