Austin Actualizing

Is Investing in the U.S. Stock Market Low Consciousness?

5 posts in this topic

Would a long term investment in one/many of the top 500 companies be low consciousness since you are contributing to more of the evil that they are creating?  I have to figure out what I will do with the money I will be earning in the near future.  What are your guy's thoughts?

Edited by Austin Actualizing

Flipping stocks is not "low consciousness" per say, but it doesn't create any value in the world. If you're making money on the stocks, it directly means that somebody is loosing that amount. (this is in the case of short-term investment) 

Being a long-term investor in companies you see growing and value does not have the same outcome, but still does not bring creative value. 

As for the top 500...In most cases they're built on very corrupt and damaging mechanisms, so yeah... 

It's quite the difference in investing 5 years of your life on building something worthwhile for the world. 

Invest in eco friendly companies, some new emissions maybe? You should invest to grow your finances and help the the economy. Letting your money sit isn’t helping anyone.

Edited by Spiral

@Ero If investing in stocks had no-value, no company would ever sell stocks. Stocks in companies that frankly sustain huge sectors of civilization. Is that enough value? In fact the art of investing(at least longterm and some short term) is calculating where value is most needed. Yes there are a few parasite companies such as tobacco, some pharmaceuticals, and oil slowly becoming more parasitic. One can however actively choose not to invest in blood stocks such as these. On the other hand one can invest in civilization advancing stocks such as Apple or Microsoft in its heyday. 

This whole is something 'low conscious' is toxic. 

But, yeah most of them are very corrupt and damaging. 

Can't you just invest in companies that provide value, or Crypto, or something, or maybe even Stage Green companies, this will be the future of the world after all as we get dragged into Green. 

I'm sure in good time they'll be some Environmentally Friendly funds or something like that, or Marijuana stocks, or even A.I. stocks. 

Or, reinvest in your own Biz? 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi