ROOBIO

I have fears regarding my life purpose

8 posts in this topic

So as I am starting my LP and planning it out I get of fears arising. 

Eg

”what if I am not successful”

”what if I fail”

”what if I don’t make any money”

”what if I end up homeless”

”what if it isn’t the right path for me to go down”

Sometimes they can get quite strong.

Does anyone know how to deal with these? how to interpret them? And how to separate it out from tour intuition?

@Leo Gura

Everything you described is a part of the process. You're supposed to feel exactly that way if you were programmed like most of society.

You might find the book "War of art" helpful. 

Also if you don't mind, speak your specific fears out loud here. Maybe we can help dispel them.

Whenever you are trying to make a change, your old beliefs, thought patterns etc. will revolt. There is a profound video on this topic by Bentinho Massaro. He calls it the Three Day Process. I will explain it here in short. On Day 1, you have a new vision, you feel excited. On Day 2, all your doubts and fears come up full force; both externally and internally. If you persist and stay excited, Day 3 comes; which is day of success and celebration.

What really can be helpful through the process of making a change is to have a clear and structured approach to dealing with Day 2 challenges; to let go of doubts and fears and stay excited.

EFT (Emotional Freedom Tapping) is a good technique for doing just that. Letting Go (Sedona Method, Release Technique) is another simple and powerful technique.

Here are some useful links.

Bentinho Massaro Three Day Process: 

Sedona Method: 

Release Technique: 

The fear never goes away. I am reading way of the superior man by David Deida. Where there is fear, you must lean past your edge. 

People talk fight or fright. They forget FREEZE. Its the medusa mythos. Freezing. Fear paralysing you. 

I heard elliot Hulse say, breathe into your balls. Grounded. Note shallow breathe when afraid. Deep breathe when. Go past. Train to be a cleaner. Glover wrote about MJ. He felt likr everyone but he acted like nobody else. Learn from the greats before you read about the overcome of fears and obstacles. Autobiography like Nelson Mandela or gandhi. 

@ROOBIO, I sometimes suffer from the same fears too, when planning my LP... mostly I don't care too much about the outcome and try to enjoy the journey, but I can do that because I still have my full time day-job. So, working as a wage slave for a while and at the same time planning your LP could be a solution to cope with some fears, especially the money-related ones.

Fears about not being successful enough, I don't think you need to be scared of: if you do what you love most, then success will eventually come (but as the LPC also states: it takes very hard work, commitment and patience from your side). I have been fully independent once, before I got my current job, and noticed that if you just concentrate on your craft, make sure you get known a bit, through whatever means (a website, YT channel, word-of-mouth marketing*, ...), the assignments will start to flow. Slowly at first, but at some point you need to work 13 to 16 hours a day! :)

So, relax, really! ;)

* is "word-of-mouth marketing" correct English? We use it like this in Dutch, but translated expressions can be tricky sometimes...