Spiral Wizard

Overwhelmed by techniques

6 posts in this topic

There are so many techniques and it is quite hard to prioritize them.

Currently I practice concentration, meditation (trying to think of nothing) & tummo breathing. But I am also interested in many many more techniques. I am just a little bit confused and overwhelmed.

Which techniques are serving which purpose?
For example: Which is the “best” for enlightenment?

I guess every technique is serving a different niche of results or are they all serving enlightenment equally?

Some examples of techniques I found to be interesting:

Meditation

Self-Inquiry 

Mindfulness 

Awareness 

Letting go

Concentration 

Chakra

Kundalini

Microcosmic orbit 

Tummo reverse breathing 

Breathing

Wim Hof

Shamanic 

Holotropic

Vivation

Other

NLP

Shadow work

Contemplation 

Solo retreat

Psychedelics 

Lucid Dreaming

Astral Projection

Hypnosis 

Yoga

Body- / Energy Work

Reichian Therapy 

Acupuncture 

Reiki

Neurofeedback Training 

Binaural Beats 

Witchcraft / Occult/ Tantra 

Taoism

Qi-gong

Cha-an

"The journey never ends, the point of arrival is always now." 

I'd say pick one or two techniques for enlightenment and get really good at them rather than being the jack of all trades, but the master of none. 

I personally use meditation and self inquiry as my 'enlightenment techniques' and then I use the Wim Hof Method for my health, and I use/teach reiki to heal others. 

Ask yourself: "Which technique do I need right now?" 

You don't even need any theoretical knowledge of techniques. Everything you need to know can be found within yourself. It might not even be a technique you have heard of before. After all, how do you think new techniques were invented? 

I am myself, heaven and hell.

@Spiral Wizard Use some form of concentration meditation to concentrate the mind and Insight/Vipassana for deconstructing the egoic mechanism. Once on that path, experiment with some other techniques.

2 hours ago, Matt8800 said:

Vipassana

Do you have a good video or article where the technique is explained?

"The journey never ends, the point of arrival is always now." 

Forget about techniques and wonder how do I become more conscious and/or more loving.

There is really no techniques per say, that's the ego mind trying to find a way to go towards a goal like it always does.

There is really just one thing, and It's to realize how conscious and loving you already are, and no one and no techniques can teach you that.

Find a way that you like for this, a «technique», but also remember that if it is too easy, it's probably not working.

It's already there, so how could a technique can do anything ?

Wondering about that without thinking about it is a «technique», paradoxically.

The point is, the will and the determination is more important than any techniques, because by definition a technique is mechanical, and you're not.

So you will change all the time, so clinging to a technique is useless if you wanna really grow, believe it or not there is people meditating for decades and still unconscious.

People who awaken are driven by a deep desire to know what the Truth is, or what true love is, and it doesn't matter what they do or not when they have that desire, life takes care of forcing them to awaken if their desire is deep enough.

So ask yourself why you want to awaken.

Why and for what reason ?

What do you think you will get, and for what purpose ?

If your reasons are deep and genuine enough, you will awaken for sure, otherwise no matter how perfect you practice a technique, it will never happen.

It's about what you want, dream and wonder that counts.

If you get that right, you can't be lazy anyway, not on the long term.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them