LoveandPurpose

book on how to think for yourself/independently?

7 posts in this topic

I want to learn to think independently. I want to learn about the structures in my mind that keep me from doing that and how to efficiently think for myself.

It's pretty absurd to ask for someone else to tell you how to think for yourself.

But if you must act so absurdly, I have videos on Contemplation, How To Contemplate Using A Journal, and The Power Of Asking Questions.

What more do you need to know?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

A 10 Day retreat Vipassana can help you with this. 10 days just thiking by yourself without anyone to contradict you, you'll notice that your mind will make explanations for everything without any support of others.

@bejapuskas @Leo Gura Yes, I realize the absurdity :D I think I'm a bit confused, because I subconsciously held the assumption that thinking for yourself means developing original ideas. And because I look at the world through different lenses that don't really stem from myself but from other authorities, I thought that I failed at thinking for myself. 

Is it normal to not really have (a lot) ,original' ideas?

@LoveandPurpose  Learning from others is great, but you still need to gather your own experience and insights, otherwise you will get lost. If you just blindly listen to others and copy their behavior, that's useless. No real growth comes from that. Also some things are just impossible to take away from others you know. ❤