abundance

Is anyone else afraid of pychedelics??

10 posts in this topic

I have a history of depression and anxiety. And schizophrenia runs in my family. I am deeply worried that if I experiment with a substances like ayahuasca or ibogaine it will completely alter my brain chemistry and I will have drug induced psychosis

And before I am told that there are no such things as brains I still exist very much in the material world.  And the thought of losing my mind terrifies me. I had an extremely bad trip from laced weed about 7 years ago. It left me in the ER and with random panic attacks for almost a month. This only made me more terrified of drug induced psychosis. 

Does anyone else have similar fears and experiences? Or even worse has mental illness in your family like mine? How did you overcome this fear? 

Thanks in advance.

Why would you want to overcome a fear of something that is possibly similar to something that left left you in the ER ?

You have not mentioned your motive for wanting this

Edited by Nak Khid

@abundance Don't feel the need to rush into doing drugs then. You can just work up gradually, start meditating, taking care of other parts of your life etc. Then maybe one day you will feel ready. 

I never took drugs in my life, mainly through my upbringing, saying: "drugs is baaad". I'm getting more open for it, though, but I'm afraid to do it on my own. Being very sensitive to even a painkiller, I wish there could be a trip-sitter with me, in case I get freaked out.

Don't take drugs, it's as simple as that. Just because Leo uses them with success doesn't mean they are the thing for you.  They are not required for spiritual practices, it's just one of the many paths to finding your true self.

With my mental health issues I discovered that the problem was too much activity in the brain. Too many thoughts. You'd be surprised to realise how fake all of it is. Your mind is the lense through which you experience the world except you don't see it as subjective experience you just see it as the world...it feels real. If your mind is partially gone the only way to end your suffering is to make your mind go away completely...lose your mind altogether. And the only way to do this is enlightenment, and one of the fastest ways to enlightenment is psychedelics.

(Dont conceptualise what "losing your mind" is like...you'll just freak yourself out fam)

Dedicate yourself to the path and learn from your intuition let it be the only thing to guide you. Your intuition becomes more clear after a while of listening to it. @abundance  you have to learn the language of silence. 

Silence isint your mind being empty, it's the removal of your mind  altogether. You literally forget that you are a human who is meant to have a mind. Just trust me mate follow your intuition and your gut.

Learn how to enter into nothing. Do kryia yoga and self enquiry.

When it comes to psychedelics I would definitely encourage you to try them carefully. Don't go for psycs that will induce big long trips like LSD. Also research about "trip killers". My best advice to you (considering I've had a similar experience myself) would be to get powerful, short lasting psychedelics. Like DMT, 2-CB. In the psychedelic realm, it is actually the low doses that freak you out because you start thinking. You've still got relative control over your mind, and you've got a long time to think about the trip and freak yourself out. 

You want short and powerful. You have to completely surrender yourself to the trip in every way. Don't try to control it, make sense of it or make it do what you want. If you want out of this your gonna have to fight for it my friend. 

Peace will not come to you, you must fight for your own freedom. But psychedelics are highly recommended by me. It's either that or you stay the way you are forever, confused and fearful until you die. Take a deep breath and a brave step forward

And you wana know a secret? You can fucking do it ? you can

Edited by Aaron p

Be aware that antidepressants and antipsychotics are very dangerous to use while using dmt. I've heard it's very dangerous to use both at the same time. ***

Also, be aware of what might be causing your anxiety and depression. Are you using any other drugs at all, like weed (makes you very anxious). Be aware that overactivity in the brain (caused by different things such as ADHD) can result in lower than average dopamine/seretonen production. Meaning that you have less naturally produced "feel good" chemicals in your brain than other people. Resulting in lower self esteem, lower confidence, feeling unhappy all the time.

Be aware that you may (probably will) have to face scary aspects of yourself if you embark on this healing journey. Also be aware that this is the only way to heal. Also be aware that your mind will try to scare you by over-exaggerating *how* scary it will be and it will try to get you to not use psycs. Gd luck

I don’t have access to psychedelics but you can explore consciousness using astral projection as well. Instead of focusing on form while “out of body” focus on formlessness and infinity etc. 

@Astra I never learned something spiritually while out of body experience. It last just for some minutes then you snap out of it. Also you just fly throgh astral World. A big waste of time

I never had any insights from it, out of body experiences were completely useless, I just had some fun (at cost of not sleeping well enough)