sergeyrar

How Can One Really Know His Life Purpose?

51 posts in this topic

Life purpose can be a to big thing to grasp for oneself and often just stresses oneself out. For some it can help for others it just hits the knee, our personalities are diffrent.

I would try out if you have hard time with this to ask instead, "what can i do with my time that is important?"

Either it be make people laugh through comedy, help people in diffrent countries, helping stray dogs, It dosen't have to be anything worldchanging, aslong it's feel important for you.

the angle in that question becomes easier to work with, and you won't stand that much in your own way

Good luck!

Edited by StarvinMarvin
edit

It is only when you realize life is taking you nowhere that it begins to have meaning. ~ Peter Ouspensky

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

"How can one really know his life purpose?"

That assumes that life has a purpose in the first place. Many people spend their lives making their purpose the pursuit of a purpose..

In fact your 'purpose' in life will become very clear once you stop assigning value and 'purpose' to everything in reality.

“If you correct your mind, the rest of your life will fall into place.”  - Lao Tzu

For the people here talking, or wondering about Ikigai...

I actually legitimately tried to fill in the Ikigai scheme for one of my latest projects, there should be a link to the chart in the comments somewhere. Not sure if it's meant to be filled in like that but what the heck, tried it. Figured it might be of use to some!

Here's a little hint. Go to Kiyosaki's book, Guide to Investing. Fill out the diagram below from the book. Once you're done with that, go to Spiral Dynamics (Leo's clip and also there's a book on it) starting from stage orange with the diagram and go to the more advanced stages. Experience that with your passion (something you love to do). Take action on that.

bi_triangle.jpg

Morpheus.jpg

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

It will seems silly and very stupid but, I'm playing a game right now, it is like a Zelda game, but with lots of enigma (it is called Ittle Dew).

There is a secret dungeon, with the most difficult puzzle in the game. Everytime that I don't know how to do the puzzle, I try many different tricks,

If I can't find it within 30 minutes, I let it down, and begin again tomorrow.

EVERY TIME I start the game again, I almost instantanously know how to solve the puzzle, or new stages of it.

I'll not get into the detail, but, it is how your mind work, everytime you find an obstacle that you don't know how to face, if you give it enough time, you'll ALWAYS find the solution, always, guaranteed, just don't give up !

Fiix a timeframe where you brainstorm about your life purpose, let's say 1 hour every night and 2 when it is your day off.

Stick to that, try lots of differents stuff:

- Try new hobbies.

- Do some values assesments.

- Go to conferences (about any field).

- Search the web at random subjects and jobs .

- Go to some jobs helping center (don't know the expression in english ^^).

If you see that you have some motivation issues, find some motivation video on youtube.

If you have to, watch one everytime before you schedule, don't be afraid to seems silly in front of you wives/kids, you're doing something that will change your life for god sake !

Now, notes everything you like about these things, and after, I don't know, 3 months, read the list and try to concentrate all the points into 5.

There you goes, you just have to seach jobs alongside those qualities and values of yours.

It is a matter of time and time only, everyone have a purpose, but few have the motivation and will to find it, mostly because of limiting beliefs, negative social circle/relationship, and simply because they don't know it is a real thing ...

The life purpose course of Leo is very very good, the price is silly for what you will get from it.

What is 250$ against a life of bliss and fulfillement ? I mean, it's just 3 paycheck if you're on a minimum wage ...

What if I told you that purpose was to discover that there is no life purpose  - would that mean that purpose was never there? According to logic wasn't there always a purpose to discover that there was no life purpose? 

There isn't a purpose in the sense that everything that you do will get crushed at some point.

In 5000 years, no one will remember you, even if you were a world class genius.

Even in we find a way to travel into space and colonized an another earth-like planet, the galaxies and the universe itself will crumble.

So even if you were the one guy who saved your race from extinction, it wouldn't matter anyway ...

Now, what is a life purpose then ?

Simply a task that you love to do, for the sake of doing it.

I'm talking about a task that you love so much that you would pay for doing it, that you can do and don't even see time passing (like 8 hours in a row), you also think about it all the time.

It really feels like your soul is attracted, you feel an energy inside you, that is so enormous, so vibrant, that you'refeeling the divine inside you,

That's called life, live your fucking life !

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

On 12/12/2016 at 0:45 PM, John Flores said:

@abrakamowse What if I told you that purpose was to discover that there is no life purpose ;) - would that mean that purpose was never there? According to logic wasn't there always a purpose to discover that there was no life purpose? 

At this stage one's brain should feel confused ?.....The purpose will be different to everyone and as long as it is to share truth, spread truth, be truth, teach truth, pursue truth, and even love truth, then I think we can all agree that it is to be One. Now that is up to interpretation....you can spend your whole life trying to figure out what that means and that's what people do....or you can just go with the nature of paradoxical existence and let truth envelop you throughout your days.

John, I know is confusing. Everything can be seen from different perspectives. What I mean with that is that once you realize there's no life purpose, you are free of "desiring"... and you will find that whatever you are doing is your life purpose... you don't like it? You can change it. It's not something fixed that you cannot adapt or change.

What is the thing that you enjoy most doing? Do that... if there's no life purpose you can fail and try another thing. If you think "that's my life purpose" if you fail, you will feel like you failed at that thing that it was your life purpose, so you are a failure, what are you going to do? You have to search for a different life purpose?

I knew that we create our life purpose walking the path, but even knowing it deep inside me, I wasn't convinced. So I continue searching (I liked to draw, make comics, etc) but I got a job as a graphic designer because it was more "secure". And I ended being a designer and all my projects about comics got stuck and I couldn't do them for lack of time and motivation.

And now, like 20 years later I began to follow more my instinct (let's say that) doing meditation, trying to quiet my mind I continue drawing and drawing and showing my work on internet, and now... work for doing illustrations is coming to me. True, something happened that when I decide to draw just for the sake of drawing, not because it was a goal, or something I have to attain. My art began to improve and people noticed it and I got a call to make some designs for a video game, and now I am doing also illustration for a custom set of cards.

What you are looking for is stoping you of finding it. (The same thing that happens to us with enlightenment.)

If you search for it, it's because you don't have it. So you will never find it, because that will become your reality.

https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/254924 

Edited by abrakamowse
grammar

This helped a lot, after filling the circles I made a sentence like this “thing I’ll be paid for” using “skills” about “things I ❤️” for “world needs”.

Well I do not know. Picked something I really feel inspired atm. Modelling and fashion. Real adventure. Like entering complete unknown. 

I am sure I will make it. 

Gather balls and jump into ocean type of thing. 

From someone who had construction company and was mostly making roofs. 

Also once again thank you Jess. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity