WisdomSeeker

A Dualistic approach to reach a Nondual conclusion.

6 posts in this topic

Can one use a dualistic approach to reach a nondual conclusion? For example, I participate in a people of color (POC) sangha, which is a sub-group of a much larger mindfulness community. Although having a sangha community based off of identity is dualistic, does it not make sense that dualism be used for the purposes of reaching communities that would not be reached otherwise? As consciousness level rise, one's identity would become less and less of a factor.   

31 minutes ago, WisdomSeeker said:

Although having a sangha community based off of identity is dualistic, does it not make sense that dualism be used for the purposes of reaching communities that would not be reached otherwise? As consciousness level rise, one's identity would become less and less of a factor.   

For sure. Having shared commonalities can help inter-relate and allowing avenues for human connection and space for insights. Yet one can also become too contracted. For example, during my path there were some "paranormal" stuff that appeared. I certainly wasn't going to share this with people at my work. They are all scientists and would see it as "woo woo". They couldn't relate. So I sought a sub-community that could relate. I found a few people on this forum that could relate and a few others online. So now, I have a mini-community that "gets it". I've found this helpful and I've learned alot, yet I don't contract myself into this sub-community. I participate in many sub-communities. For example, I also have a running sub-community that "gets it". I also have a jazz music sub-community that "gets jazz". Yet I don't contract my identity to "I am a paranormal", "I am a runner" or "I am a jazz aficionado". There is a transcendence of all those identities to the "I Am". Each of those identities come and go like waves. . . For me, it's not so much "killing" an identity - it is transcending identity such that the attachment to the identity dissolves. 

I came into this community (forum) because Leo said Ox's tail in one of his videos. I knew what that is from personal experience. I looked it up and found out what is the 10 ox herding pics by my own personal experience. I knew exactly what is Riding the Ox Backwards, and the aftermath is the Cloth Bag Monk's behaviour. These are metaphorical pointers. This forum and Leo's video has helped me to articulate and describe the most profound. I learned words such as: everythingness, nothingness, no-self, phenomenon, no external environment, no embodiment, etc. I'm probably going to write my own pointer story with these profound words to reach a very small audience. But, most of my audience will be bilingual studies because that's what I'm doing for my life purpose. I already have a small audience on my blog but need to work on my website (after I recover from this illness, almost there).

@Key Elements so you found a life purpose. Good to know. I've just developed a compelling one, thanks to leos life purpose course. I'm excited. Thanks for sharing.