Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
captainamerica

Strategy or negative visualisations to break from autopilot ?

7 posts in this topic

Hi :-)

Can you please share visualizations or strategy to break from the whole day monkey mind lack of productivity cycle ?

Visualization of negative behaviors' outcome works a bit. Visualization for becoming conscious of death a bit less and visualization of working hard daily doesn't work at all for me.

Could be because of anti depressants but want to get back now.

Thanks !

P.S. I am off the anti depressants.

Edited by captainamerica

if you wanna break out of Auto-pile, simply be present, no need to visualization or something similar.  

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

@hamedsf that requires trained or concentrated attention which I have lost due to depression and ironically its medication as well. 

Mindfulness meditation could benefit you well. Just become aware of your surroundings and enjoy the moment.

Try positive motivation instead of negative motivation..

@captainamerica I would not do visualizations. That is abstract and will not ground you.  I think it’s better to look at your hand or do reality checks (like touching your fingertip to your palm). Even something like dropping a pencil several times. This can help you realize the hallucinatory thought story and bring you back into Here and Now.

3 hours ago, captainamerica said:

@hamedsf that requires trained or concentrated attention which I have lost due to depression and ironically its medication as well. 

then allocate some time for the sessions of concentration and meditation. being present literally is out of every imagination in mind right into what you experience in now. simply dehypnotizing yourself from everything that is happening in your mind that is like whirlpool sucking you in itself.

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"