Fede83

Dignity is an ego Mechanism

7 posts in this topic

Is dignity an ego mechanism of defense.. which lead u to be more assertive, in order to be safe ,and avoid any inconvenience for risking too much and getting involved?

i was thinking today about this and I can’t find a solution about...I can’t see where it start and where it end,also is actually real ?

Dignity is defined as self-worth from your own perspective. Typically, the ego makes up certain rules about what it takes to be worthy or not. Worthy of what? Probably love, happiness, or peace. We often subconsciously frame this issue as "In order for me to be happy, I must meet these certain criteria so that other people will love me." It's ultimately a mechanism of survival. Of course, dignity can surface as fear when we're making changes to our life because we're stepping into the unknown and that might cause you to break some of the rules that are your self-defined prerequisites for happiness. So in that way, dignity is an ego defense mechanism because it is promoting homeostasis.

Transformation and Healing Course Coming Soon! https://www.youtube.com/c/davidmillervideos

everything that comes off as a disguise is simply ego mechanism trying to survive even the best characters.

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

You speak as if you are so separate from your ego as to not know much about it? But just a reminder

You and your personality and everything that you enjoy and also hate and also including your personal take on the past (knowledge)  ALL of it is your EGO even the part of you that wants to get rid of the ego is part of your ego just playing the "enlightened " game .

6 hours ago, MAYA EL said:

You speak as if you are so separate from your ego as to not know much about it? But just a reminder

You and your personality and everything that you enjoy and also hate and also including your personal take on the past (knowledge)  ALL of it is your EGO even the part of you that wants to get rid of the ego is part of your ego just playing the "enlightened " game .

@MAYA EL I'm substantially unconscious and I don't deny that and I don't like to fool myself even when people around me can fool themselves. 

we're just playing the maze game to get out of the maze of EGO.

If you truly were able to kill your ego you wouldn't be human anymore you do realize that right?