Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ROOBIO

You are beautiful just as you are!

7 posts in this topic

Yeah this is it just something that I noticed in my journey which I find quite sad.

It is that when you are a child, you are totally complete, totally content, totally whole, you are unapologetically authentic, but as you grow up society breaks you. It makes you feel like you are incomplete. That you are not worthy unless you obtain x or look like y. It makes you feel that you aren’t good enough unless you don’t have these items, or be successful. It makes you inauthentic. You are brainwashed by a materialistic ideology. Are economy thrives on materialism. You need to buy shit to make others rich. Girls need to put on make up when they are kids to feel beautiful, so the make up companies get their money. But they are beautiful as they are without makeup, you don’t need make up to be beautiful, you are inatly beautiful as you are. We judge girls for being “ugly”, this feeds the problem. By that judgement you are helping the massive conglomerates get their profits. But you have to have a low self esteem, companies thrive on it.

But the truth is you are born into a world that is perfect just the way it is and you are perfect just the way you are. Once we realise we can be happy whilst having absolutely nothing to your name, we will over consume until everything is fucked.

The illusion is sad, but the underlying truth is extremely beautiful, even within all the toxicity that we got ourselves in. It's also less sad when you see it's not intentional - people just don't know better. It's their world view. 

What one can do is to let yourself and others know how beautiful you are. How I view attraction has changed so so much, despite having preferences of course, I do find everyone attractive nowadays - or more accurately, full of beauty. I'm not talking about sexual atttaction here, but even there I feel like my heart opened to find many more people sexy and attractive than ever before. 

As Leo once said, even a dog turd on the side walk is beautiful. Everything is. And every being is a work of magic, wonder and utter beauty. Let them know ?? Because they can't see it themselves. 

Edited by peanutspathtotruth

47 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@ROOBIO Does society do this, or do we completely do this to ourselves?

I'd say we do :) But why? Because we want to fit into our surroundings. It's a choice, all of it. And you're so right, it's important to see that there is no other, bad guy named society out there. It's our choosing, even if it's long ago and often times happening subconsciously. Playing the victim of society has never helped for sure. 

@peanutspathtotruth

@ROOBIO

What if we are the surroundings? Yes I agree with you but to have a great life lived we have to experience what it means to be a human and that is to experience loss, suffering, identity issues, societal pressures, materialism, love, rejection, knowledge, pain etc etc etc. 

The best bit is letting go of all that baggage and returning to being a child again, having fun, playing and experiencing everything for the first time. Remind you of anything? 

Although I agree with 95% of what you have said i differ in the 5% .

We are not born perfect just the way we are because then what's the point in living and learning?  There would be no point fundamentally. 

Now to take it deeper then that I will say that are social concepts are a big problem in this world because things like "perfect " don't actually exist despite so many people striving to obtain it .

There is just life 

When I was a child, I saw everything as One, whole and together. I am You. You are Me. We are together. I saw the Essence of a person and was "blind" to the racial, cultural, social etc. differences.

One day, I passed by a poor area and back home, I told my mum "Let us give all the money we have so that these poor people can built nice houses and just keep a little money  for ourselves". My mum dismissed what I said as if I was talking nonsense. Another day, I opened my warobe and seeing so many clothes, I told my mum "I only need 2 change of clothes. One I am wearing and another one for the laundry. Let us give the rest to the poor". My mum replied : This is not how things work".

I went in a corner and wondered "How things really work in this world ?".Then I felt that I was a very very old yogi, about 130 years old, almost naked living alone in a hut. As a child I found this world very strange, unreal and it took me a while to understand that things and people are seperate. I also found that the way people act was funny, like saying that someone's dress is beautiful and the moment the person turned her back, I heard  how awful the dress was.

Now that I started meditating, it's like I have to unlearn and go back to the Oneness state ! Very funny, I am back to square one. This childhood memory pop up just after meditating and seeing your thread, I felt I had to share it with you.