electroBeam

Clubs are literally orange stage Churches

4 posts in this topic

Not from reading books, just from my experience of being in Hillsong Church, and going through college clubbing, have noticed something very very interesting.

Each person has some values that they really admire and value. For blue stage people this tends to be sex after marriage, not commiting sins, listening to authority etc. While most of them dont fully live up to these values in practice, they bullshit themselves into believing they do. Them actually doing these things are engrained in their psyche and ego. And if you question whether they really do these things they get severly threatened. 

Its almost as if living up to these values are believed to be the only way to eternal happiness, and how happy you are is not determined by how happy you actually are, but by how well you live up to these values. 

And to remember these values, and ensure they keep on track, they go to church every sunday, where the priest spends several hours retelling the same story, the same values we have to live up to and why. It keeps the illusion going.

Without church, people would forget how to be a good Christian, because these values are relative and arbitrary.

But orange stage people are apparently above all of this. They use factual science to get real answers, and they know how stupid it is to live up to some arbitrary values written in a dubious book a thousand years ago.

They know, the true way to get happy is to have lots of money, get real good at sex, get a lot of social approval, and be cool.

But they also need a way to keep remembering this, because its not at all natural for humans to know what coolness, money, social status and fame is from instinct. If it is, why do monkeys not have an instinct to get more money? Why dont monkeys love cool glasses and hats and dresses?

So orange stage people also need a way to remember these arbitrary rules, and thats where clubs, parties, alcohol cruises, etc come into it. These things are like churches: they remind people what happiness really means: money, social status, coolness and fame. They are a weekly reminder/indoctrination of the orange stage religion. 

thats it! Work is over! Time to have sex, hard drugs, and party all night! 

Women start putting on sexy looking dresses, heaps of makeup and high heels, guys do their hair to mimic their musician or film star they are into, cool looking glasses, and collar shirts.

They do this because its a symbol, no not the cross, no not representing Jesus, but a symbol that represents a different belief system: money, sex, fame. 

By putting on these clothes, they are declaring their allegiance to the orange stage religion. They walk past the street, to get to the club, on their way they see others dressed like them. They wave in excitement. "They're one of us" they proudly think to themselves. 

They walk into the club, filled with people dressed like them, loving the same songs as them, having the same values as them. Its like a completely different world, so different to their real lives. They now remember what happiness really looks like, its this! Money, sex, fame. And their only job in the world is to get it. Thanks to the night club, they are reminded of what life is really about, and as they subconsciously think this, an AVCII song comes on, a classical hit, and then as they sing in ectasy everyone feels connected to each other, as if they are a single unit, all connected through common values of money sex and fame.

I use to think I was bullied by the cool kids in school because there was something wrong with me, possibly a mental disorder, being weird, strange. But no, that wasnt the case at all.

I made a huge mistake, and it took me till now to realize it: By choosing to wear ugly clothes, not support pop culture, and by acting uncool, I was basically offending evangelical devoutees of the orange stage religion. I was basically getting the bible and burning it in front of a Christian. No wonder they bullied me.

And now you can see why extreme Christians and muslims hate alcohol and clubs, because its literally no different to committing yourself to a different religion. Going to church as a muslim or mosque as a catholic. 

Just like how you can tell how Christian a country is by how many active churches there are, you can also tell how orange stage a country is by how many active clubs there are in it too.

My intention was not to demonize clubs, in fact this insight has given me the space to stop judging clubs so much and actually enjoy it. I believed so many things about clubs: they are a place for sluts, assholes, people with big egos, etc. from my bullying experiences im the past, and i really struggled to enjoy the place with so many judgments, but after this insight, it really puts clubs into perspective and allows me to see that these people arent evil, they are just unconsciously sucked into a belief system without knowing it. They really think money sex and fame is the answer to their life, and they are doing the best they can by clubbing. 

Now that I know the real reason ehy people club, i now know how to not piss people off, make sure i have a good time, but also make sure others do too. 

And i can simply go there to just enjoy this insight, enjoy the parallels between the hillsong church and clubs, and see how similar they really are. Its deeply interesting to just observe human nature at play.

So thats it: clubs are literally orange stage churches. 

Hi @electroBeam  great post, (and I'm not just saying that to get your allegiance :) ) in fact tier 1 is all like that. Including stage green, have you tried joining their campaigning groups which can be cliquey and grand-narrative too? Full of black-and-white mentality. Sad to say, I suspect the bullying you had was just a defence mechanism on their part, to prop up their insecure wobbly identity. Well done mate for resisting the pressure to conform. 

@electroBeam This is actually a great way to consider modern culture. It’s something I often think about myself.

People in developed countries often unknowingly uphold the religion of materialism. The premise that all physical pleasures can be acquired through either material or conceptual acquisition. Image, status, objects, success, relationship, money etc. - essentially anything that maintains the notion of being a finite being. The notion that there is a thing such as physical pleasure is its self a part of the very same materialistic belief being upheld.

In this light people who live in this way are no different to the individual who prays in a temple to acquire the solace from religiosity.

Edited by Jacobsrw