Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Astra

A Definition of Love

6 posts in this topic

While doing contemplation this morning I came up with this definition of love I would like to share. 

There are many ways to try and describe one thing this is just one.

The definition is 

Love is recognizing perfection and then communicating that perfection to a being using action or inaction

So that’s the definition I wanted to share. Here are some questions that I ask myself. 

If everything is perfect why do I take action? Why do I want to take actions?

If needs/desires are perfect then what is rejection? 

If needs/desires are perfect then what is self sacrifice? 

Is fulfilling the need/desire of another person love? What if by filling that desire you sacrifice your own desire? Is that self love? 

If I have inner desires/needs that seem to conflict with one another is there a way to create a win win?

If my desires/needs seem to conflict with anther person’s needs/desires is there a way to create a win win?

Is it more loving to meet my needs/desires using a reliable or unreliable source?

Is there an abundance of things/ways to meet my needs/desires or  scarcity? 

Is everyone compatable? Should I try to change someone or accept them as they are? 

Is everyone doing the best they can with the awareness that they have?

Is it possible to love things that don’t seem alive?

Am I able to see the beauty in everything? 

45 minutes ago, Astra said:

While doing contemplation this morning I came up with this definition of love I would like to share. 

There are many ways to try and describe one thing this is just one.

The definition is 

Love is recognizing perfection and then communicating that perfection to a being using action or inaction

So that’s the definition I wanted to share. Here are some questions that I ask myself. 

If everything is perfect why do I take action? Why do I want to take actions?

If needs/desires are perfect then what is rejection? 

If needs/desires are perfect then what is self sacrifice? 

Is fulfilling the need/desire of another person love? What if by filling that desire you sacrifice your own desire? Is that self love? 

If I have inner desires/needs that seem to conflict with one another is there a way to create a win win?

If my desires/needs seem to conflict with anther person’s needs/desires is there a way to create a win win?

Is it more loving to meet my needs/desires using a reliable or unreliable source?

Is there an abundance of things/ways to meet my needs/desires or  scarcity? 

Is everyone compatable? Should I try to change someone or accept them as they are? 

Is everyone doing the best they can with the awareness that they have?

Is it possible to love things that don’t seem alive?

Am I able to see the beauty in everything? 

All of these are good questions that you do well asking yourself.

However, True Love is not a singular perspective. The definition you presented is a limited perspective. Love is not a mere recognition of perfection.

Love is the Light which is within Darkness. You are observing the play of shadows on a wall, you are looking back at the light which creates the shadows. Now, look at the Shadow very closely. See the Light that is emanating from the Shadow. Not the Light which gives rise to it, not the play of Shadows, but the Light which is found in the Shadow itself.

That Light is so bright it will blind your eyes. It is what gives rise to all. It gives Rise to the light, it gives rise to the shadow, it gives rise to the play between light and shadow. It is the Light within the light.

True Love is not something that is being done or experienced. It is omnipresent in all, it is the Ground upon which all rises and it is the Rising aswell. There is no way to increase it, to change it, to embody it because all things are it's manifestation. It is so well hidden precisely because it would blind you from seeing all the rest of Creation.

This is most essential to grasp:

To Love Suffering does not mean to deem Suffering to be beautiful, perfect or illusiory. To Love Suffering means to Love Suffering as it is. Suffering is not beautiful, not perfect, nor illusiory. Suffering is Suffering. To Love Suffering is to truly Suffer, not to go beyond Suffering by changing it into something else. This is the Love that no Chimp is capable of. Not merely because of lack of acceptance, but because of the very nature of Chimpness itself. This Love is what gives rise to Chimpness and rise to Suffering, it can not be embodies as all of Creation is it's body.

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel

4 hours ago, Astra said:

The definition is 

That's warm but doesn't hit the nail on the head.

Your definition is not fundamental enough. It still requires activity like "recognizing" and "communicating", which is 2nd order stuff.

1st order Love requires no action. 1st order Love is simply Being itself.

The best way to think of it is like this: replace your notion that everything is made out of atoms to "everything is made out of love". Love is the very substance of physical reality.

An exercise I like to do is to look at my hand and just remind myself that it's made out of Love. This reconnects me with Love, reminding me that it's more fundamental than an activity.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Love is the driving force of creation itself. Love gives meaning to life, love gives life to life. Love is you at your fundamental, core state of being. When you experience complete oneness with all life, you understand love. The moment you no longer see the difference between this and that, you become pure love.

Yet these words still say very little to the true depth of love and only can truly, be experienced directly.

B R E A T H E

Love is the very substance of everything. The creative force. 

I think love does need some action. Where its expression becomes fulfilled. 

I see it as the expression of an artist. When it's not expressed it's not known. But when expressed through art it finds meaning and purpose and a powerful expression of it's form. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today.