barcos

Self love or Self growth?

5 posts in this topic

I realize that I lost my ability to listen to my authentic self.I stopped feeling my emotions,this I haven’t been following my internal guidance system for the longest.Pretty much the majority of my life.I am now 16 about to turn 17.The way I was raised caused me to survive not thrive I am lonely and empty inside.I recently learned that I have to sit and dive into my loneliness in order to resolve it,without running away or distracting myself.So is the case with my emptiness,I have to FEEL the pain or sensation.But my problem or predicament lies with the fact that I am kinda neurotic about my approach to healing myself.I have a thought or idea which tells me to rid myself of ALL my codependencies and ride out all the withdrawal symptoms until I learn to be contempt with simply being.Is this not self denial about the position in life that I am in?Or do I commit to experiencing the harsh reality of where I am at,taking a period of grieving and loss, until I move through the pain and discomfort of this “detoxifying process”.Is this a neurotic, radical, self whipping form of treating myself?The 2nd option would be to slowly but surely detoxify myself.Slowly begin to feel again.Slowly strip away my dependencies. Slowly expresses myself to the loneliness and emptiness within me. This approach acknowledges and accepts that I am the way I am, and allows me to, with the end goal in mind of developing a strong foundation of true happiness, work towards aligning myself with this way of living life. Self compassionately.Kind of like accepting and integrating the ego instead of beating into submission.

19 hours ago, barcos said:

I have a thought or idea which tells me to rid myself of ALL my codependencies and ride out all the withdrawal symptoms until I learn to be contempt with simply being.

There are no withdrawal symptoms. Being takes seconds, is swift, painless and energising.

Be kind to yourself. Don't worry about rushing through this, it is a process. Start doings things that make you FEEL better. Like music, exercise, etc. Then build momentum on that feeling. Good luck (:

@barcos I would say option 2. You need good foundations to start your growth and detoxify yourself.

Its a long process, so be patient.

If you take this process you will actully be contemp simply by being, but it takes a long journey

I trust you<3