Ayla

Can You Prevent A Thought?

47 posts in this topic

@Ayla I'm observing my thoughts for a long time now, and I only have the possiblity to prevent one when it's on the way to come up, so to speak. And I can't imagine that someone can know what he/she will think 2 Minutes later..

What I experience is nothing really new, I think..

Some have their origin in the body e.g. : hunger and it leads perhaps in the last restaurant you went with a friend, or a kind of burning in the stomach that seems to cause a bad conscience and give the impression you have something important to do, right now, instead to meditate...

Some seem to come from "outside" e.g. the noice of children may let you remember a situation of your childhood and you suddenly feel the urge to call your sister.. And so on..

They have in commun that if you're not aware of it, it leads you farer and farer from where you are, without remarking it. They also lead you to react, following a certain pattern you've adopted from.. whom or what ever..

All this is totally clear for me, but how can I deduce from this, that there is no entity here?

I actually feel the cold, the warmth, the taste of the food during the time "my" body experience it. I can empatize as much as possible with somebody else but -at least until now- I can't fell that he's dusty for example, or how the food tastes in his mouth.

So it really seems that there is a kind of energy or vibration center that I can qualify as an "I", isn't it?

Did you transcend this state? If so how?

15 minutes ago, MartineF said:

Did you transcend this state? If so how?

There's no "I" to transcend anything :) - that's a thought. Exactly like the thought of Santa that Leo loves so much lol. 

Some have their origin in the body e.g. : hunger and it leads perhaps in the last restaurant you went with a friend, or a kind of burning in the stomach that seems to cause a bad conscience and give the impression you have something important to do, right now, instead to meditate...

Some seem to come from "outside" e.g. the noice of children may let you remember a situation of your childhood and you suddenly feel the urge to call your sister.. And so on..

There is the DIRECT experience of sensations: see, touch, hear, taste, smell. Those are physical sensations that body is equipped to experience. 

Is there anything that a thought - that you cannot control - that there is the YOU there experiencing them? 

The focus here must be on the experiencer of thoughts instead of the origin of thought - they're all "external". There is no you in any way shape or form controlling any of them. 

I actually feel the cold, the warmth, the taste of the food during the time "my" body experience it. I can empatize as much as possible with somebody else but -at least until now- I can't fell that he's dusty for example, or how the food tastes in his mouth.

Is we break this up, there is one thought that "YOU" can feel the cold etc, and another thought that "YOU" cannot feel dusty in his place. That is only because, again, the focus is on an assumed "YOU" using a machine (body) to assess what can and cannot be felt.

Maybe this would help a little bit more: 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

What is in fact happening if you look close enough, is that thoughts appear. Don't know where from, don't know where to. 

When someone watches their thoughts through any type of technique: meditation, mindfulness, etc... they are able to recognize and "brush away" only up to a point, where a more "sticky" thought comes. That sticky thought, all of the sudden, isn't being recognized as a thought but becomes a fact:

• experience if it is associated with physical senses
  • truth if it is associated with concepts already present. 

The idea of a focal/central point seems the hardest to see through because it combines both thoughts and physical dimension. 

Unfortunately, even with the thousands of pages that have been written about Enlightenment, no matter how hard I - or anyone else - would try to explain, it is only through focus and honesty that one can discover for him/herself that there is no "I" behind all these masks.. :) 

It is just LIFE playing itself out in different forms

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

In a Paradoxical way yes, but no I cannot prevent a thought from popping up, it just happens. Depending on the thought and how it applies to a typical situation, I will go on a ride with it.

Thoughts are energy forms that originate from the collective consciousness/ unconsciousness and manifest themselves through human psyche as 'thoughts'.

35 minutes ago, Ayla said:

It is just LIFE playing itself out in different forms

@Ayla

You can tell yourself that if you want, but it might be a good idea to allow a little space for the fact that you might not be skilled or developed enough just yet to see and understand all that's going on behind thoughts. Allow a little humility and ignorance to be in the mix before attaching to your conclusions about there being no core or no "I".

That "stickiness" is a mechanism of tension, the attachment and fusion with a thought, causing immersion. However, abilities with Tension are more rooted in load-bearing, or balancing competing forces, rather than "thinking". So stuff like watching your thoughts and asking questions will not be the primary influence in mediating that "stickiness". That mediation comes from working with tension over consistent periods of time and creating adaptations within a person's tensile resilience. It's more like developing a muscle than organizing information and finding "answers".

1 hour ago, Salaam said:

That mediation comes from working with tension over consistent periods of time and creating adaptations within a person's tensile resilience. It's more like developing a muscle than organizing information and finding "answers".

This right here is what creates the separation between NOW and a FUTURE when everything will be fixed and perfect. The perpetual search(er).

On the other hand.. what's wrong if life wants to continue searching? :-)

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

3 hours ago, Ayla said:

The focus here must be on the experiencer of thoughts instead of the origin of though

That's possibly it, thank you for answering :)

Thoughts are like weeds. They just pop up out of nowhere. The trick is not to nurture them and they quickly die off. 

Ill share a little of my views, i dont want to argue..  First let me say i have no thoughts most of the time lately.. I do produce thoughts during self inquiry.. Something that Im starting to feel/realize is that some of the thoughts/questions arent my own but are others somehow ending up in my head.. I can stop them when im alert/awake but i have discovered when im tired about to fall asleep thoughts can be pushed in.. Same with others emotions mainly sadness i can get a real sense of and at times i cry for no reason..  synchronicity i believe it to be referred as or simply i have a connection 

Edited by Atom
Spelling

41 minutes ago, Atom said:

Ill share a little of my views, i dont want to argue..  First let me say i have no thoughts most of the time lately.. I do produce thoughts during self inquiry.. Something that Im starting to feel/realize is that some of the thoughts/questions arent my own but are others somehow ending up in my head.. I can stop them when im alert/awake but i have discovered when im tired about to fall asleep thoughts can be pushed in.. Same with others emotions mainly sadness i can get a real sense of and at times i cry for no reason..  synchronicity i believe it to be referred as or simply i have a connection 

Thoughts come from and are 'pushed into' our psyche from the collective consciousness/ unconsciousness. That's how our mind gets conditioned in the first place. Eckhart Tolle elaborates:

17 minutes ago, Atom said:

Ill share a little of my views, i dont want to argue..  First let me say i have no thoughts most of the time lately.. I do produce thoughts during self inquiry.. Something that Im starting to feel/realize is that some of the thoughts arent my own but are others somehow ending up in my head.. I can stop them when im alert/awake but i have discovered when im tired about to fall asleep thoughts can be pushed in.. Same with others emotions mainly sadness i can get a real sense of and at times i cry for no reason..  synchronicity i believe it to be referred as or simply i have a connection 

@Atom Hi Atom. Could you be repressing thoughts when you are alert/awake and when you let your guard down by falling asleep they surface? A lot of this work is about acceptance of the contents of the sub-conscious mind. It must become a totally open book. When it's contents are acknowledged and let go of, all that remains is the moment. When you cry in the moment, there will be crying. When you are sad in the moment, there will be sadness.

@Natasha Thoughts floating around like bubbles in a collective consciousness.  I was never aware of the "pushed into" before. Could that partially explain why I meet new people in my sleep?   I know their presence exists.

1 hour ago, cetus56 said:

@Natasha Thoughts floating around like bubbles in a collective consciousness.  I was never aware of the "pushed into" before. Could that partially explain why I meet new people in my sleep?   I know their presence exists.

'Pushed in' were the words @Atom  used in his post. Eckhart explains in this video the reason we often feel imposed by thoughts. He advises not to take thoughts personally and seriously, for that reason. 

5 hours ago, Natasha said:

Thoughts come from and are 'pushed into' our psyche from the collective consciousness/ unconsciousness. That's how our mind gets conditioned in the first place. Eckhart Tolle elaborates:

Yes @Natasha thanks for sharing that i needed that, Hugs! I feel a little less crazy now..

Ill share a little more.. I cant say much but i just know alot somehow.. I know there are some out there that dont want me here and dont want me to say anything at all anywhere and i cant talk about something's,  i just cant.. but im going crazy not having anyone to talk to about some of this stuff with, anyone other than God that is..

I can compare my experiences to unfortunately being on a crazy rollercoaster of right and wrong, good and evil, religions, politics, and so forth with horrible and awesome thoughts pushed into my head.. I feel like im stuck between a tug of war match and i have to choose which side i want to be on and at times one side has more control and i lash out at the other i yell at God and curse the parties involved really not meaning what ive said and quickly asking god for forgiveness.. In fact im trying hard not to sin at all

There is a relation to being tired and letting your gaurd down.. Sometimes i dont sleep or eat for days on gaurd duty @cetus56 but i know the thoughts arent mine because they are random and im very calculated.. Most of the time i can do anything with my mind i choose, see whatever i want, be where ever I want, build whatever,  etc. its not really random when im driving.. As far as the crying thing..  One example was the other day i was in a class at my church and something came over me and i started shaking,  twitching, tightning up, i started to weep.. I get these tingly feelings its hard to explaine they affect me at different areas at different times, same with hot and cold.. Back to being a cry baby.. In the class i tried to Be a man and i held back my tears the best i could but they wouldn't stop..  I started to think, "why am i crying", i wasnt thinking about anything sad.. I kept fighting the tears trying to hold them back so my classmates wouldn't notice.. This went on for like 10 minutes, i started to notice i heard sniffles on the other side of the class and just out of my view behind someone else was a girl crying.. A light bulb kinda went of and i realized maybe i was crying because she was and i got happy and smiled and stopped crying for a second.. Then the tears would come right back.. at this time im laughing at myself and crying because im kinda enjoying this now..

Edited by Atom
Spelling

@Atom Well that's nice. You did cry in the moment for a reason.

Something else thats cray cray, animals and other objects are communicating with me.. Example I have a lone peacock where i live that lost his group that sings when my thought/question is right anytime of the night or day..  3 ducks follow me all over the city..  There are beautiful hawks flying above that ive never seen before.. Vultures :/, baby Geckos that keep clinging to me which never happened in the past, they scury usually.. Im sorry for those in the mosquitoes ?

Besides reading the Bible being Christian at heart i started Thich Nhat Hanh and i plan on reading many more books including all the different religions books in time.. I think thats important, to be open minded and accepting of others beliefs even if they arent your own..✌ 

Changed my diet ive been a vegetarian for a week now, mainly drinking only water.. A soda here and there to help with a nicotine addiction quitting cigarettes cold turkey a month ago.. Relapsing only once since, due to a nervous breakdown/rebellion.. I still love coffee but im not drinking as much ive cut it in half atleast. 

If i haven't said enough heres a little gibberish for a special friend 

My Ox went Roar

I shared all this because I feel i owe this community some love and it was time to show it.. It may hurt me in the end but i think atleast this much i can say/do 

I may not share again for some time

Edited by Atom
Spelling

@Atom Thank you for your trust and sharing! You're a very special human being with a lot of great insight and wisdom. Hope to see more of your input on this forum. Hugs :)

Awe thanks @Natasha, youre going to make me cry.. Have a goodnight ✌❤

Edited by Atom