Existence

"Everything about contemplation"- post here

4 posts in this topic

I think title explains itself.

Feel free to contribute. 

@Existence I used to have a hard time to think about the things I deemed important. It seemed so impossible to come up with good answers to my questions. It was very frustrating. I could not figure out why is it so hard. Then I realized that I was making myself miserable because I was too demanding of sophisticated answers. I compared my answers with the capability of people that I admire. It's like comparing yourself with Schwarzenegger when you start going to the gym.

The trick I believe is to use the mechanics of daydreming. That is a state when you half control and half let manifest what you are thinking about. Because when you are thinking about comlex stuff you DO have answers. They are just not very sophisticated but that doesn't matter. You use the answers to futher deepen the inquiry. And if you use the rule 10 000 hours to mastery you get better and better at formulating your thoughts. 

Again don't have too high demands of your capability. You compare yourself to masters you listened to. You never cared about formulating sophisticated answers before. You have to learn the mechanics and creativity needed to do that.