Vaishnavi

Universal morality

25 posts in this topic

On 11/6/2019 at 5:11 AM, Vaishnavi said:

do you believe in what is called as "extending yourself"? you know, beyond survival? trying to be something much more than just being a surviving animal? i mean do you not believe that man can extend himself beyond this? and that he should? maybe?

Who is it that is extending itself? Consider that there’s nothing there to extend... 

The game of survival cannot be won. 

As from Manu (Hinduism) to Jesus (Christianity), they did explain (or at least tried) universal values that are not bound only to the earth but are part of laws in this manifested universe at this Kalpa. Loving others and forgiving them is not just Christian values but are universal.  These figures (manu and Jesus) reminded and alive in us of universal values that were stagnant in our being that was forgotten. That's why they became popular, they were just reminding us of the things we already knew. 

"The Universe is Mental--held in the Mind of THE ALL."

--The Kybalion.

Treat thy neighbor as thyself because thy neighbor IS thyself. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

On 07/11/2019 at 3:39 AM, JustThinkingAloud said:

"Treat others the way they want to be treated."

how cool (really), and how's that going? 

23 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

yet there is also body wisdom I try to get in touch with

relatable. but something I've realised lately is that just like people can be scientifically minded, similarly a set of people can base their decisions on how something make them "feel" which does not always has to do with intuition; intuition is a more deeper concept. at least in my experience, a lot of times it is unconscious hidden assumptions and bias and my own egoic filters that i haven't dealt with yet 

19 hours ago, Nickyy said:

You have them already. It's your natural state 

...which gets corrupted in unfair means and needs to be restored 

18 hours ago, Lento said:

I think authenticity is the way one would normally think or talk or act without being concerned about other people's opinions and without worrying about the consequences. I think it's a state of complete self expression.

so you said earlier, morality and authenticity do not go hand in hand, do you not believe that i can have morals which form a part of my authentic self? say the moral or virtue of honesty and that it is a part of who i am and me being honest and living by that standard and preaching it is a form of self expression? 

Edited by Vaishnavi

3 hours ago, Vaishnavi said:

so you said earlier, morality and authenticity do not go hand in hand, do you not believe that i can have morals which form a part of my authentic self? say the moral or virtue of honesty and that it is a part of who i am and me being honest and living by that standard and preaching it is a form of self expression?

Of course, I mentioned earlier that morality and the authentic self can match sometimes, they certainly don't have to be opposites, but even that would not make me moral, I would still call that authenticity.

For example: Let's say you are an incredibly giving person, would you call that character a moral? I wouldn't, since morality requires you to go out of your ways and behave as such. Morality in this case would be to stop giving or to give only to a certain group of people or creatures. In short, the difference between morality and authenticity when they match is whether there are external rules applied or not.