Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Seeker_87

More than one ways to find the Truth?

5 posts in this topic

I have followed Leo’s videos, Alan Watts talks and other similar spiritual teachers. At the same time I have listened Buddhist talks and got great advice regarding ethical and sustainable kind of living. I kinda feel that both Buddhists and Advaita Vedanta be true, but both of them approaches the absolute different ways. Buddhists tend to be more practical on day-to-day living but Advaita catches the bigger picture which Buddha knowingly wanted to leave out (because it can seriously distract people from meditation and actually observing the present moment without complex theorizing what is happening and why). 

What do you think, is Buddhist notion that creator-God/Godhead/Absolute is nonsense or  that we are in the end facets of some bigger non-dualist entity. Is there something that both Vedanta and Buddhism is missing out? 

2 minutes ago, Seeker_87 said:

I have followed Leo’s videos, Alan Watts talks and other similar spiritual teachers. At the same time I have listened Buddhist talks and got great advice regarding ethical and sustainable kind of living. I kinda feel that both Buddhists and Advaita Vedanta be true, but both of them approaches the absolute different ways. Buddhists tend to be more practical on day-to-day living but Advaita catches the bigger picture which Buddha knowingly wanted to leave out (because it can seriously distract people from meditation and actually observing the present moment without complex theorizing what is happening and why). 

What do you think, is Buddhist notion that creator-God/Godhead/Absolute is nonsense or  that we are in the end facets of some bigger non-dualist entity. Is there something that both Vedanta and Buddhism is missing out? 

@Seeker_87 Yes, there are many ways to reach awakening BUT the "flavor" or experience of that awakening can differ greatly between the traditions. 

Ken Wilber co-wrote a book called Transformations of Consciousness in which they studied enlightened masters from multiple traditions and found the way they experience their life and awakening can be very different. 

The moral is: choose your tradition(s) wisely :)

@Seeker_87 Each person is undoing themselves as relative, ultimately arriving at the same absolute, and then in a way relearning the relative. So every path is personal and unique. For example, in a general sense, consider the difference between the path of a 20 year old, compared to a 60 year old. A 20 year old may need to live desire to more deeply know it, and a 60 year might connect the meta dots more readily. Essentially I’m saying, first consider the person, then consider the paths.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Infinite ways, truth is everywhere for those who use the eye that sees.

B R E A T H E