Rigel

Coconut milk?

9 posts in this topic

What are your experiences with coconut milk? Lots of mixed opinions out there. 

Sailing on the ceiling 

@SgtPepper Are you talking about the taste or the nutritional aspect?

Sailing on the ceiling 

I think its just okay in terms of taste. Definitely a better option for preventing mucus buildup than dairy milk. 

I mainly buy almond milk but if you drink a lot of it the taste can get too boring/almondy. So sometimes I would switch it up with coconut milk. I also have experimented with oat milk and flax milk. Oat milk is okay in taste, kind of similar to almond milk. Flax milk imo tastes the best and I like it because the omegas. However I think it tastes the best because the brand that is available to me is sweetened while the almond, coconut and oat are unsweetened. I would just experiment with different types. If they taste too bland you can add a little honey in there. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

4 hours ago, Vxvxen said:

@Rigel I too, have the same question. Is coconut milk good or bad?

I come from an Asian POV on cuisine and culture, people here uses coconut milk for cooking and food preparation purposes, most of the gravy style dishes are usually added with coconut milk to give the dish rich extra flavors to the next level. 

This is how Asians enjoy their food on a daily basis, every breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Even desserts are served with coconut milk.

There's a common belief that the folk here has, which is coconut milk is bad for cardiovascular health, the reason being it has high saturated fat levels. Even my friends from my neighbor countries tells me the same belief. I don't know how far of this is true, but the people who claims it is true usually says that heart disease, stroke, diabetes are caused by their daily intake of coconut milk through the food that they had.

In my opinion, yes we Asians really have a lot of coconut milk. However, not everyone puts coconut milk in their food. Some learnt to avoid coconut milk. I think it's ok if you'll consume moderately.

This myth about coconut being bad for the heart is because since its a saturated fat, people think it is the same as an animal saturated fat, but it isn't. Coconut raises healthy HDL cholesterol, not LDL. Given a healthy diet/lifestyle coconut is not bad for your heart at all.  

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

if we are talking about the milk in boxes that has very little coconut, that's perfectly fine. Coconut oil and coconut milk in cans (high fat one) are very rich in saturated fats which have been shown to increase risk of cardiovascular disease. 

They are all great additions to foods like curries and thai just don't go crazy with them :) Coconut is also not the most ecological food as it has to be transported from tropical countries....but that's an issue with many commonly consumed plants these days. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

20 hours ago, Rigel said:

@SgtPepper Are you talking about the taste or the nutritional aspect?

I was talking about the taste. In terms of nutrition, coconut milk covers vitamins like b12, but I believe nut milk had more protein. 

Lauric acid is a strong 5ar inhibitor.

I've seen some people getting less powerful erections and globally seems less androgenic because of abusing coconut or sub-products.

Incidentally, some countries having high consumption of coconut also seems having higher percentage of transexual people with again, globally, less androgenic population, typically thailand and polynesians.

Polynesians mans in tributs with very high consumption of coconut seems fat, beardless with a unchiseled face.

Also, the poorly prepared coconut will quickly turn your ass into a volcano.

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

Thread is 4 years old FYI, revived by a bot

You are what you currently desire. ❤️