Anton Rogachevski

The Many Masks Of The Ego

54 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Actualizer said:

I'm sorry if I offended you@charlie2dogs

I see now that i misunderstood and had been neurotic. I think you should also know that i was offended.

you can't  offend one who understands the answer before the question is asked, and why should you be offended you was the one creating the strawmen argument over one simple little question, now define ego for me   :)

Hi All...

I feel the need to say that if any of us feel a twinge of shame or embarrassment after seeing the ego's need for being here, needing to post, needing to be heard, compete, argue... or making mistakes, getting it wrong :) please send the ego loving kindness. 

There is no need to fight with the ego once we have seen through another one of its many faces.  It's all context dependant anyway. Seeing is enough.  

Transcend and include, people !

Warm Regards 

-Mal

38 minutes ago, Mal said:

Hi All...

I feel the need to say that if any of us feel a twinge of shame or embarrassment after seeing the ego's need for being here, needing to post, needing to be heard, compete, argue... or making mistakes, getting it wrong :) please send the ego loving kindness. 

There is no need to fight with the ego once we have seen through another one of its many faces.  It's all context dependant anyway. Seeing is enough.  

Transcend and include, people !

Warm Regards 

-Mal

HI Mal, how do you send ego loving kindness, what is ego?  :)

2 minutes ago, charlie2dogs said:

HI Mal, how do you send ego loving kindness, what is ego?  :)

shucks you are not on the site, i was so looking forward to hearing from you, maybe later, :)

@charlie2dogs

I tried to formulate and answer, then my mind went blank. 

I have no idea what the ego is and who im supposed to be sending metta too.  There is nothing there. I was afraid I'd no longer be if I couldn't come up with a response. 

Thank you for these koan 

:)

@charlie2dogs

Anything I would say including this very sentence cannot be the right answer. As I said before I don't know that i don't know. Following this arises the question what is "to know"? Or can you know anything at all?

But i guess we gotta keep asking till the mind is convinced that it can't answer. Mine still thinks it can so that persistence is what i would call ego.

@Actualizer

Ego is Actualized.org

Anything to support the definition of "my" existence. 

"Now I have it all figured out"

"How do I cope with this, that or the other"

Etc etc.

50 minutes ago, Actualizer said:

But i guess we gotta keep asking till the mind is convinced that it can't answer

@Actualizer @Mal This could answer that one.

@cetus56

Many thanks for this instruction. 

I noticed a void.  I don't want to be anymore, and I noticed that this wanting to not be - I'm afraid there will be nothing to replace me, that I'll be worse off without me here.

Being me is comforting.  I noticed the void when I thought about what it would be like not to be burdened with this person any longer. 

Any pointers? 

And, thank you in advance :)

@Mal You are experiencing no-self from time to time? Is that it?

Why would Ego need masks? It can turn itself into anything it wants, isn't it? There's no need for any mask at all. And then... who would be seeing the masks? Other egos? other masks? What would be the title of the PLAY? Why would the play say? and for whom? 

... :) 

When a wave comes to the shore, is it the same wave as the one just nearby, or the one that will come a second after? What separates them? 

........ lost yet? 

:D 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

12 minutes ago, Mal said:

@cetus56

Many thanks for this instruction. 

I noticed a void.  I don't want to be anymore, and I noticed that this wanting to not be - I'm afraid there will be nothing to replace me, that I'll be worse off without me here.

Being me is comforting.  I noticed the void when I thought about what it would be like not to be burdened with this person any longer. 

Any pointers? 

And, thank you in advance :)

@Mal Trust me, your not going anywhere. This is a long process. It's not like you will suddenly disappear or something. You may have experiences of no-self that are very strong from time to time. But than in no time mind is right back reclaiming it's territory. It's much harder to hold to the experiences of no-self than to be self .

23 minutes ago, Mal said:

I'm afraid there will be nothing to replace me, that I'll be worse off without me here.

What would be lost if there really is no "me"?
How would everything look like? 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

2 hours ago, Actualizer said:

@charlie2dogs

Anything I would say including this very sentence cannot be the right answer. As I said before I don't know that i don't know. Following this arises the question what is "to know"? Or can you know anything at all?

But i guess we gotta keep asking till the mind is convinced that it can't answer. Mine still thinks it can so that persistence is what i would call ego.

The EGO is nothing more than your programing, that you have programed into your consciousness, and what you have allowed to be programed there, it is also your false belief system, all belief is false, it is the warped perception of most everything that the human identity holds and add to that the desires of the identity body,  this is what ego is, and all that controls the decision making process and eliminates the ability to freely choose by the human identity,  it controls everything that is seen, felt, heard, spoken and actions.  The only solution to overcome the ego, is self realization.

9 minutes ago, charlie2dogs said:

all belief is false

Do you really believe that? 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

@Ayla

I think we are losing ourselves in words. The whole point of this post was to see that being attached to words can support confusion.

Believe that belief is false. Just like the old paradox:

This sentence is a lie.

I think that the existence of such paradoxes in logic suggests it's falt. We transcend logic here. So let past be past : )

Edited by Actualizer

14 minutes ago, Ayla said:

Do you really believe that? 

i dont believe anything, belief is nothing more than an assumption of knowledge, it is never real.

@Actualizer

I could never lose myself in anything at all... (not anymore anyway)... and especially in words. Look up any word you can ever find. Isn' it weird to you that all words are only explained through YET other words? Where's the truth in it all? other words? 

I was merely pointing that the moment you believe in something, ANYTHING to be true, you become as solid as your belief. That doesn't help... 

:) 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

9 minutes ago, charlie2dogs said:

i dont believe anything, belief is nothing more than an assumption of knowledge, it is never real.

Where does a belief come from? What is a belief? 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

Just now, Ayla said:

Where does a belief come from? What is a belief? 

belief comes about when the human identity, doesnt know but listens to others opinions, others works, and their own speculation about things that they know nothing about, so they form these ideas about what something is, and they accept it and it actually becomes programed within consciousness , as beliefs.   Beliefs create a wall that most wont be able to climb over.